uniqs

R2
R Not
MVM
join:2000-09-18
Long Beach, CA

R2

MVM

[WIN8] Task bar / QuickLaunch persistence...

I am having a problem with my QuickLaunch in Win8. Yes, I understand it is not a standard release with Win8, but it can be recreated.

The problem I have is that the Taskbar settings do not seem to persist when I shut the computer down or log off. Each time I re-start Windows, the Taskbar has squished down the QuickLaunch Toolbar to the size of ONE icon! I have to unlock the Taskbar, slide open the QuickLaunch bar, and then re-lock the Taskbar -- each and every time Windows restarts.

How do I make the Taskbar leave the QuickLaunch toolbar at full size when I reboot??? Thanks.
BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium Member
join:2000-01-13

BlitzenZeus

Premium Member

While I didn't re-create the quick launch I did make a toolbar on the taskbar, and it's settings were saved just fine. I had it showing the first two shortcuts, and hiding the rest.

R2
R Not
MVM
Long Beach, CA

R2

MVM

Thanks. It ALWAYS shrinks to 2 icons on each reboot. WEIRD Win8 behavior...
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

Maybe it could be a permissions issue? I set up Quick Launch and I haven't had your problem. However, I run as Admin. Maybe it doesn't remember if you run as limited user? Or maybe you need to set it up and add icons running as Admin and then drop back to limited user and then it will remember?

Does it shrink to the same two icons each time? The bottom most ones in the list? Or is it random which it shows after rebooting?

Mine recently added ON ITS OWN "Switch Between Windows" and "Show Desktop". I wonder if those are supposed to be there by default but were not when I set up Quick Launch on Win 8? I really like "Switch Between Windows".

R2
R Not
MVM
Long Beach, CA

R2

MVM

It shrinks down to the first two icons only... I am the Admin on this box.

Thanks.