All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

insomniac84
join:2002-01-03
Schererville, IN

insomniac84

Time Warner Cable causes massive gas explosion. FTFY.

Heartland Midwest has been their contractor for over 8 years. Mentioning their name is meaningless, they were working for time warner cable. Time warner cable was putting in the fiber line and they fucked up.
mrjoshuaw
join:2001-12-27
Blue Springs, MO

mrjoshuaw

Mentioning their name is not meaningless, they don't just work for Time Warner, they have worked for many other businesses in the KC area. TWC contracted them to put the conduit in place. So if I hired a contractor to put something in place, and they mess it up that means I shouldn't blame them?

Or are you saying it wasn't Heartland Midwest doing the work? The reports around here are that they were the ones onsite, that they were the ones that popped the gas line.

insomniac84
join:2002-01-03
Schererville, IN

insomniac84

I am saying is you can't just absolve time warner. Time warner has the ultimate responsibility here. Do not use heartland as a scapegoat.

The workers were working for time warner at the time and taking direction from time warner.
mrjoshuaw
join:2001-12-27
Blue Springs, MO

mrjoshuaw

They are now saying that Heartland Midwest said that they were going to be working on the 22nd of February. And that they had requested a remarking on the day that they went ahead and started the work. And that they did not have a permit to work in that area on that date, and that they even tried to submit the permit the day after the explosion. Here is the link:

»www.kshb.com/dpp/news/lo ··· ity-says

And I believe that you can absolve Time Warner to some degree. I am not a Time Warner fan but they were not the ones doing the work. The contractor (Heartland) is the ones responsible for everything that happens on that site while they are trenching adn or boring.

The Contractor were told we need a line from point A to point B, the Contractor then does a site survey and goes, yes we can do that. Time Warner goes GREAT, then you get the contract or work. At that point it is the responsibility of the Contractor to get the job done OR bring up any concerns while the work is being completed.