Premium Member
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

ropeguru to ExoticFish

Premium Member

to ExoticFish

Re: [RANT] Res gets 2x speeds FREE|biz pays $10 for small change

said by ExoticFish:

With pricing you also have to keep in mind you get better customer service/guaranteed service and you're not capped on data. These "little things" don't come free.

Guaranteed service? I have no guaranteed service or SLA. I am at the same mercy as residential customers. As far as I know, Comcast doesn't even have a package that offers an SLA.

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt

Premium Member

As yet (other than metro-E---maybe?)they don't? but at some point at least in the business core, they will/should.
Remember SLA's don't guarantee instant fixes, it just defines "reasonable repair window" and who pays who how much for lost time.
generally the cable plant in most areas is reliable enough to offer an SLA in return for a premium price during uptime.

ropeguru
Premium Member
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

1 recommendation

ropeguru

Premium Member

said by tshirt:

As yet (other than metro-E---maybe?)they don't? but at some point at least in the business core, they will/should.
Remember SLA's don't guarantee instant fixes, it just defines "reasonable repair window" and who pays who how much for lost time.
generally the cable plant in most areas is reliable enough to offer an SLA in return for a premium price during uptime.

But the fact is they do not have a written or even implied SLA for what we pay. I could care less what the future MAY hold. Hell, they MAY even triple or speeds for the same price. We can sure speculate about any option.

And they are not always forth coming on their repair windows either. I have had several instances in the early evening hours where I have required a tech visit and was told nothing was available until sometime the next morning because all the techs had gone home for the night. And yes, they were aware that it was a business class service.

Looking at their site I could not find anything in their terms, with the exception of Trunk customers and some individual states like Maryland, that defines any kind of repair window.
AVonGauss
Premium Member
join:2007-11-01
Boynton Beach, FL

AVonGauss

Premium Member

said by ropeguru:

I could care less what the future MAY hold. Hell, they MAY even triple or speeds for the same price.

... but, this whole thread is about what Comcast MAY do.

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA

pflog

MVM

said by AVonGauss:

said by ropeguru:

I could care less what the future MAY hold. Hell, they MAY even triple or speeds for the same price.

... but, this whole thread is about what Comcast MAY do is already doing in some areas.

FTFY
AVonGauss
Premium Member
Boynton Beach, FL

AVonGauss

Premium Member

Oh? What has Comcast already done, in some areas?

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
MVM
El Dorado Hills, CA

pflog

MVM

said by AVonGauss:

Oh? What has Comcast already done, in some areas?

Upgraded residential from 25/4 to 50/10 while upgrading business class from 22/5 to 27/7.
AVonGauss
Premium Member
Boynton Beach, FL

AVonGauss

Premium Member

Sigh. Why don't you wait until March (most likely April) when this actually goes down and see what really happens. You're making a lot of assumptions. Comcast (or any other big corporation) generally doesn't need are help to make a snafu of things.

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
MVM
El Dorado Hills, CA

pflog

MVM

said by AVonGauss:

Sigh. Why don't you wait until March (most likely April) when this actually goes down and see what really happens. You're making a lot of assumptions. Comcast (or any other big corporation) generally doesn't need are help to make a snafu of things.

Well maybe if Comcast actually communicated to their business class customers I would be willing to do that. Instead, we have no idea what they are planning. So they would send these notes to business class users about 27/7 and notes to residential about 25/4 to 50/10 and then what? Send another note 2 months later about another upgrade? This isn't the only case of this, they don't communicate firmware updates or in many cases outages, etc. It may vary by area, but I've seen quite a few complaints about it.

Feel free to ignore this thread, it is labelled a rant. I'm basing it on their past behavior and the current changes being made. If you don't like the speculation, that's your prerogative and annoying yourself by reading the thread isn't doing anyone any good.
mario02423
join:2004-06-09
Berwyn, IL

mario02423 to ropeguru

to ropeguru
Metro Ethernet has SLAs. Regardless, the "four hour truck roll" I was told about by the sales rep was never less than 18 in the three cases I had outages. Business class is terrible.
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

rody_44

Premium Member

And the price of service to match.