Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

brianiscool

join:2000-08-16
Tampa, FL
kudos:1

Wi-Fi

Where I live in my complex there are 10 other access points. I just love the radation my body gets on a daily basis.

djrobx
Premium
join:2000-05-31
Valencia, CA
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VOIPO

APs
said by brianiscool:

Where I live in my complex there are 10 other access points. I just love the radation my body gets on a daily basis.

That's all? I see 14 (4 of which are mine, LOL), and I'm in a house in a suburban neighborhood. AT&T's U-verse is a big hit in our neighborhood, and their gateways put out a lot of power.

--
AT&T U-Hearse - RIP Unlimited Internet 1995-2011
Rethink Billable.

DataRiker
Premium
join:2002-05-19
reply to brianiscool
microwaves are non ionizing, so unless your getting toasty hot, you have nothing to worry about.

hrickpa

join:2001-06-07
Reading, PA
reply to brianiscool
I see about 25 2.4 Ghz networks around me where I live since the 2.4 Ghz I am using the 5 Ghz band (more stable and not crouded)

PapaMidnight

join:2009-01-13
Baltimore, MD
reply to djrobx
said by djrobx:

said by brianiscool:

That's all? I see 14 (4 of which are mine, LOL), and I'm in a house in a suburban neighborhood. AT&T's U-verse is a big hit in our neighborhood, and their gateways put out a lot of power.

Them and Verizon both. Do a quick Site Survey in a densely populated area served by FiOS...

By the way, out of curiosity, why use different SSID's on each AP? Would it not be easier to keep the same SSID on each AP for the purposes of roaming between them?

Darknessfall
Premium
join:2012-08-17
kudos:6
reply to djrobx
Oh yes... the 2wires...

MovieLover76

join:2009-09-11
kudos:1
reply to PapaMidnight
That's what I always did when I lived in a rented house that needed two AP's to cover the entire house, Was much easier.

maypol18

@meridiantelekoms.com
reply to PapaMidnight
yes u can roam around but still u will need to reconnect since each AP has its own mac...and ull be surprised why ur signal is so low....either way works ^_^