Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

mikee

join:2012-12-21
Gloucester, ON
kudos:1

vDSL modem

So I was hearing that you're now allowed to sell vdsl modems. I'm wondering if I bought one and had the extreme 25/10 package 250gb I would only have to pay 45.95$/month? no extra hidden fees? just 45.95$/month?

also how do i check to know if my place where i live has this speed availible? bells site says i can have 50/10 it should be the same for electronic box? i am veryyyyy interested to get this deal. 10mb upload would be FANTASTIC! I am not a heavy bandwidth user so 250gb is a lot for me... probably use like 50-75gb/month. :P

zaedas99

join:2012-03-06
said by mikee:

So I was hearing that you're now allowed to sell vdsl modems. I'm wondering if I bought one and had the extreme 25/10 package 250gb I would only have to pay 45.95$/month? no extra hidden fees? just 45.95$/month?

also how do i check to know if my place where i live has this speed availible? bells site says i can have 50/10 it should be the same for electronic box? i am veryyyyy interested to get this deal. 10mb upload would be FANTASTIC! I am not a heavy bandwidth user so 250gb is a lot for me... probably use like 50-75gb/month. :P

you do know that they're going to give 10mpbs upload speed to most plans for cable, right ?

mikee

Gloucester, ON
i live in ottawa so the videotron cable is not availible for me

GuiGQc

join:2012-02-22
Gatineau, QC
said by mikee:

Are you sure? It's available in Rockland...

da_guy2

join:2003-06-10
Kanata, ON
said by GuiGQc:

said by mikee:

Are you sure? It's available in Rockland...

Rogers OWNS Ottawa cable. Not sure how videotron got Rockland but it's a monopoly as far as cable goes in Ottawa.

mikee

Gloucester, ON
reply to mikee
Well I was aiming more for DSL 25/10 or 50/10. Since bell is starting to allow companies to sell their vDSL modem, and this company offers free dryloop which would be excellent.

GuiGQc

join:2012-02-22
Gatineau, QC
said by mikee:

Since bell is starting to allow companies to sell their vDSL modem

They are? We're still waiting on the official announcement from eBox...

iamhere

join:2013-01-26
canada
Anxiously waiting... Mr. Diskace last mentioned mid-February for having details but we are a week passed that with no word yet.

BingoRingo

join:2010-03-29
Gatineau, QC
Reviews:
·voip.ms
reply to da_guy2
said by da_guy2:

Not sure how videotron got Rockland but it's a monopoly as far as cable goes in Ottawa.

Simple, the area was covered by different players and one of the companies covered Rockland and Gatineau (I think it was Câble Laurentien). Like in Montréal, one company ended up buying the others, so when Vidéotron bought Laurentien it came with the Rockland network, and Rogers bought the companies on the Ottawa side.