signmeuptoo94
Bless you Howie
Premium Member
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle

signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

laptop chill pads, advice?

I saw a Coolermaster laptop chill pad that looked good for about 20 bucks, but then I read the reviews, and of the recent 10 or so, most of the are 1 or 2 eggs with comments that the fans stop working.

So today I popped into Staples and saw one with a USB hub, no fan. Thing is, no power block, but it was on sale for about 27 bucks.

Is it even worth it to get one with a fan, and what things do I look for in one? I can't buy one right away, but I'd like one for the safety of my new laptop not overheating. I have a 15.3" screen, Lenovo G580 laptop.

I like the idea of a USB hub, but I'd want it to have the option of a power block.

What design is best, metal mesh or plastic? What is comfortable on the lap and on a bed, and such?
nonymous (banned)
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ

nonymous (banned)

In bed I have used a bed tray that my wife said to try. It gave a nice flat surface and not all the bedspreads blocking airflow. Also raised it above lap nicely.
I had doubts at first but I tried it and it worked.

signmeuptoo94
Bless you Howie
Premium Member
NanoParticle

signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

Well, I think I want one with an angle to it.
nonymous (banned)
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ

nonymous (banned) to signmeuptoo94

to signmeuptoo94
Looks like they have bed trays used for writing that can be angled.

signmeuptoo94
Bless you Howie
Premium Member
NanoParticle

signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

OH! I didn't understand the term "bed tray", but I think I understand now.

I saw this one here: »www.newegg.com/Product/P ··· 34988073

Maybe when I have a little money again, it will be on sale again. USB hub, angled, fans, mesh. All things I think I want.