share rss forum feed

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5

laptop chill pads, advice?

I saw a Coolermaster laptop chill pad that looked good for about 20 bucks, but then I read the reviews, and of the recent 10 or so, most of the are 1 or 2 eggs with comments that the fans stop working.

So today I popped into Staples and saw one with a USB hub, no fan. Thing is, no power block, but it was on sale for about 27 bucks.

Is it even worth it to get one with a fan, and what things do I look for in one? I can't buy one right away, but I'd like one for the safety of my new laptop not overheating. I have a 15.3" screen, Lenovo G580 laptop.

I like the idea of a USB hub, but I'd want it to have the option of a power block.

What design is best, metal mesh or plastic? What is comfortable on the lap and on a bed, and such?
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.

nonymous
Premium
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ

In bed I have used a bed tray that my wife said to try. It gave a nice flat surface and not all the bedspreads blocking airflow. Also raised it above lap nicely.
I had doubts at first but I tried it and it worked.

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle
reply to signmeuptoo

Well, I think I want one with an angle to it.

nonymous
Premium
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ
reply to signmeuptoo

Looks like they have bed trays used for writing that can be angled.

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle

OH! I didn't understand the term "bed tray", but I think I understand now.

I saw this one here: »www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a···34988073

Maybe when I have a little money again, it will be on sale again. USB hub, angled, fans, mesh. All things I think I want.
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.