All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
marckskl
join:2013-02-21
Olympia, WA

marckskl

[Qwest] Possible to get Faster Speeds???

So I've lately been trying figure out how to go about possibly getting faster DSL speeds from CenturyLink. We live about 8-9 miles from the closest CO and therefore are on a Remote Terminal. We pay for 1.5Mbps/896Kbps, but with our line stats and short loop length, I believe we can get better. We currently have the ZyXel PK5000Z.

Current Modem Stats:

Levels Downstream Upstream

SNR: 31 dB 15 dB

Attenuation: 21 dB 17 dB

Power: 12 dBm 10 dBm

Channel Type: Interleaved

Broadband Mode Setting: Multimode

Broadband Mode Detected: G.DMT

Estimated Loop Length: 6834 feet

If you need anymore information just let me know. We called CenturyLink and tried to get someone to understand this and see if we could get faster speeds but they kept reassuring us that we couldn't. We were finally able to get ahold of a "higher up" and he said that he could up the speed but it wouldn't do anything for us. Is that true? It's hard to believe with the stats that we have and what I know about networking that we can only get 1.5Mbps out here.

billaustin
they call me Mr. Bill
MVM
join:2001-10-13
North Las Vegas, NV

billaustin

MVM

You are probably on a RT that is served by a single T1, which means the connection to the RT is only 1.5mb. They can up the speed between the RT and your house, but you are still limited by the speed between the RT and the CO.

You can get a more definitive answer if you send a detailed message to: talktous@centurylink.com
CenturyLink
join:2009-03-09
Boise, ID

CenturyLink to marckskl

to marckskl
Hi,

If you send us your account information we'll see what we can find out for you.

Thaniks,

Corey Tidwell
Centurylink Help Team
TalkToUs@Centurylink.com