digitalnUll
Premium Member
join:2002-06-10
Spring, TX

1 edit

XCOM

Premium Member

[Equipment] C610A IP microphone issues

So for some time now my Gigaset C610A IP after a firmware update people are complaining that they cant hear my very well.... That they hear me very low...
Any ideas how I can up the gain?

Thx
XCOM

XCOM

Premium Member

Re: [Equipment] microphone issues

bump.
u475700
Premium Member
join:2004-02-16
·Callcentric

u475700 to XCOM

Premium Member

to XCOM

Re: [Equipment] C610A IP microphone issues

This recent post by nunya might answer your question:

Do you not have access to these audio settings? BTW, it seems Gigaset just did a firmware update that made some changes to the audio (for the better). As you can see, I had it set on high and now it is too loud.
Previously low audio level was a major complaint.

»Re: [Equipment] Gigaset C610A IP Questions

Trev
AcroVoice & DryVoIP Official Rep
Premium Member
join:2009-06-29
Victoria, BC

Trev to XCOM

Premium Member

to XCOM
I would suggest you try a factory reset to wipe out all of your settings, then put everything back in.

I have seen firmware updates cause all sorts of weirdness that seem a lot like a semi-corrupt configuration. My hypothesis is that the way configuration items are stored changes from version to version and sometimes (heck, maybe every time) the update process doesn't properly convert the settings which then cause seemingly random issues.

More than once I've seen reports of the base crashing get resolved by a factory reset. Symptoms are dropped calls and frequent "no base" on the handsets.

Gershom 1624
@optonline.net

Gershom 1624 to XCOM

Anon

to XCOM

Re: [Equipment] microphone issues

On some devices this would be listed as "FXS port input gain".

And as Mango previously noted on his site in regard to Linksys:

In some situations, the default gain settings are inappropriate. This can cause audio to be distorted, it can cause echo, and of course cause audio to be too quiet. If this is the case, you can adjust FXS Port Input Gain and/or FXS Port Output Gain, one at a time, in increments of three. However, you should only adjust these if you are experiencing a problem.

Note: Input Gain = how you sound to the other party. Output Gain = how the other party sounds to you.

»www.toao.net/25-linksys- ··· guration

BUT---I cannot find similar settings in the Gigaset C610A IP menus.

XCOM
digitalnUll
Premium Member
join:2002-06-10
Spring, TX

XCOM

Premium Member

Re: [Equipment] C610A IP microphone issues

Thank you guys I will try all this when I get home.
XCOM

XCOM

Premium Member

So I did a software reset and now the damn thing is complaining that it can not download the stupid profiles and not allowing me to do the proper setup.
XCOM

XCOM

Premium Member

ok got it to register now.