BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:151
reply to MikeSpears

Re: [Tampa] Getting BrightHouse Internet installed tommorow morn

So have I Rebus.....good seeing old friend.

MikeSpears

join:2013-02-07
Riverview, FL
reply to MikeSpears
Everything is now great, only thing I'm waiting for is my static IP.

»www.speedtest.net/result/2529869351.png

Guide_Tim

join:2012-02-28
Taft, CA
kudos:1
That is fantastic news Mike Congrats

MikeSpears

Riverview, FL
reply to MikeSpears
And I now have a static IP, the techs just left.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to MikeSpears

MikeSpears

Riverview, FL
reply to MikeSpears
Just configured my own homebuilt router

pcdebb
RIP lil hurricane
Premium
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL
kudos:5
reply to MikeSpears
i wanna upgrade my speeds so bad, but i'm not geeked out like I used to be to utilize it
--
| map your city |

weaseled386

join:2008-04-13
Port Orange, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
·AT&T U-Verse
said by pcdebb:

i wanna upgrade my speeds so bad, but i'm not geeked out like I used to be to utilize it

Neither am I, but my inner nerd demanded it!

bigdaddy

join:2009-11-18
kudos:2
said by weaseled386:

said by pcdebb:

Neither am I, but my inner nerd demanded it!

LOL

MikeSpears

Riverview, FL
reply to MikeSpears
Well, other than some crazy issues, everything's been working perfectly! I ended up adding in home phone, upgrading to 5 static ips, and the home phone rocks.

MikeSpears

Riverview, FL
Working on the next part of my project, migrating my personal servers from a dedicated server at HostDime to my house.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to MikeSpears

MikeSpears

Riverview, FL
If anyone has some extra hardware sitting around, (more recent P4's, Core 2 Duo, modern AMD's, Core 2 Quads, and i3's) I'd love to take them to use as servers.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to MikeSpears
LOL!!!

MikeSpears

Riverview, FL
said by BHNtechXpert:

LOL!!!

Hey, I'm willing to pay, just looking for cheap, older hardware.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to MikeSpears
I'm on a hardware buying restriction myself...(1) I have too dern much of it already (2) All funds have been redirected to landscaping the backyard (3) Going to be making some changes to the office where its all currently housed and therefore no need to add more that will have to be removed temporarily while I rennovate.

MikeSpears

Riverview, FL
Haha, I was an idiot and sold my servers... I had some pretty nice Dell PowerEdges just sitting around....

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to MikeSpears
I have access to several but until I get my enclosed rack setup and everything moved around (and a way to cool the office better in the summertime) thats on hold. One will eventually be dedicated to my video security (Ispy is awesome).

MikeSpears

Riverview, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
·hostdime
said by BHNtechXpert:

I have access to several but until I get my enclosed rack setup and everything moved around (and a way to cool the office better in the summertime) thats on hold. One will eventually be dedicated to my video security (Ispy is awesome).

Very cool. Let me know if you dig up some extra hardware haha.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to MikeSpears
Right now I don't think there's am/fm radio functional within 3 blocks of my house between all the hardware, wiring, wifi and everything else here. It's pretty scary the amount of tech I have in this house. As this is just for fun my current project is several flavors of home automation.

Working on security at the moment and the security cameras follow you (yes literally move) as you move from covered area to covered area seriously creepy factor. Still fighting with the facial recognition...my ultimate goal is to have a database of friendly faces and have it unlock the doors etc based on your biometrics. And then of course finish the audio interface where with the same ID's it says hello or whatever via connected audio to each camera (again high creep factor) but fun stuff to do.

Took me over a week to fine tune each camera interface to get the datarates high enough to move in a fluid fashion with your movement within a given covered area (no delays or overruns in the actuators). Wifi was going to be used originally but the latency (even in my house) was just too high for this type of stuff so converted everything to wired POE and working great.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

MikeSpears

Riverview, FL
Niceee!

Keiro

join:2005-10-25
Bakersfield, CA
reply to BHNtechXpert
said by BHNtechXpert:

Right now I don't think there's am/fm radio functional within 3 blocks of my house between all the hardware, wiring, wifi and everything else here. It's pretty scary the amount of tech I have in this house. As this is just for fun my current project is several flavors of home automation.

Working on security at the moment and the security cameras follow you (yes literally move) as you move from covered area to covered area seriously creepy factor. Still fighting with the facial recognition...my ultimate goal is to have a database of friendly faces and have it unlock the doors etc based on your biometrics. And then of course finish the audio interface where with the same ID's it says hello or whatever via connected audio to each camera (again high creep factor) but fun stuff to do.

Took me over a week to fine tune each camera interface to get the datarates high enough to move in a fluid fashion with your movement within a given covered area (no delays or overruns in the actuators). Wifi was going to be used originally but the latency (even in my house) was just too high for this type of stuff so converted everything to wired POE and working great.

... You gotta write this up.

I want your setup. Really badly!
--
Wanderer of the Stars...

Heimkoma Services and EidolonHost

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by Keiro:

said by BHNtechXpert:

I will add all the hardware to my profile here and then create a thread that we can play in...
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

Keiro

join:2005-10-25
Bakersfield, CA
said by BHNtechXpert:

said by Keiro:

said by BHNtechXpert:

Block of text

I will add all the hardware to my profile here and then create a thread that we can play in...

Awesome.
--
Wanderer of the Stars...

Heimkoma Services and EidolonHost