spc
uniqs
morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

morisato to TypeS

to TypeS

Re: Major CRTC decision next week. - CBB

well given bell charges a 1 time rental fee of 100 bucks for them to its own customers, i imagine it will be at least that much to acquire modems from them

andyb
Premium Member
join:2003-05-29
SW Ontario

andyb

Premium Member

said by morisato:

well given bell charges a 1 time rental fee of 100 bucks for them to its own customers, i imagine it will be at least that much to acquire modems from them

Thats just Bell grabbing money.Nothing to with actual cost.They charge 150 if you dont return the old speedstream modems that are worth about 20
InvalidError
join:2008-02-03

InvalidError

said by andyb:

Thats just Bell grabbing money.Nothing to with actual cost.

What is the cheapest legit retail non-used VDSL2 modem you can find? They are rather hard to find and those I have found are in the $150-200 range.
ruiner3
join:2012-03-10
Canada

ruiner3

said by InvalidError:

said by andyb:

Thats just Bell grabbing money.Nothing to with actual cost.

What is the cheapest legit retail non-used VDSL2 modem you can find? They are rather hard to find and those I have found are in the $150-200 range.

Zyxel VSG1432 for $126. Bridgeable but I'm sure they charge $20 - $30 extra for the $0.50 in parts and enabling iptables.

»www.frontierpc.com/wirel ··· 033.html

andyb
Premium Member
SW Ontario

andyb to InvalidError

Premium Member

to InvalidError
A post just below yours has one,and I have seen them on ebay for about 50.Used from 10
InvalidError
join:2008-02-03

InvalidError

said by andyb:

A post just below yours has one,and I have seen them on ebay for about 50.Used from 10

I did specifically ask for NON-used (brand-new) from legit/retail source. Not refurb/second-hand/potentially-stolen/non-returned units.

andyb
Premium Member
SW Ontario

andyb

Premium Member

And I did say I seen them as low as 50.10 was used/stolen
ruiner3
join:2012-03-10
Canada

ruiner3 to InvalidError

to InvalidError
Like I posted, $126 for a VDSL modem/router combo. A modem only is likely around $100, so if that's what Bell is offering its pretty reasonable. Except that Telus doesn't charge anything for their modems and neither does Shaw. You guys are really being screwed in the East.