SuperNet

Premium Member

said by dib22:

Try downloading and installing these:

»www.microsoft.com/en-us/ ··· px?id=26

»www.microsoft.com/en-us/ ··· px?id=33

»www.microsoft.com/en-us/ ··· px?id=22

reboot, and then try windows update.

Thanks, it won't let me install the last one.. just gives me error and an OK button

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

1 edit

dib22

said by SuperNet:

Thanks, it won't let me install the last one.. just gives me error and an OK button

Ok... check this link (I know the error codes dont match but I suspect the .net 3.5 SP1 is corrupted):

edit: run through these first just to see if a normal removal might work:
»blogs.msdn.com/b/astebne ··· 332.aspx

if not then ----

»social.msdn.microsoft.co ··· 3aa988cb

Basically you will want to grab the cleanup tool:

»blogs.msdn.com/b/astebne ··· 493.aspx

and first remove .NET Framework 3.5 then remove 3.0 then remove 2.0

I personally would reboot after the removals and then re-install the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1

SuperNet
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium Member
join:2002-10-08
Hoffman Estates, IL

SuperNet

Premium Member

said by dib22:

said by SuperNet:

Ok... check this link (I know the error codes dont match but I suspect the .net 3.5 SP1 is corrupted):

edit: run through these first just to see if a normal removal might work:
»blogs.msdn.com/b/astebne ··· 332.aspx

if not then ----

»social.msdn.microsoft.co ··· 3aa988cb

Basically you will want to grab the cleanup tool:

»blogs.msdn.com/b/astebne ··· 493.aspx

and first remove .NET Framework 3.5 then remove 3.0 then remove 2.0

I personally would reboot after the removals and then re-install the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1

Thanks, I have tried all of that and still failing

dib22
Kansas City, MO

dib22

said by SuperNet:

Wild... since .net 3.5 SP1 never installs (the error with an OK) I am guessing it is the culprit. I will update the post if I think of anything.

SuperNet
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium Member
Hoffman Estates, IL

SuperNet

Premium Member

said by dib22:

said by SuperNet:

Wild... since .net 3.5 SP1 never installs (the error with an OK) I am guessing it is the culprit. I will update the post if I think of anything.

What happens now is it "installs" windows updates and says successful, reboots and right before the log in screen it gives error "failure to installs windows update, rolling back"

dib22
Kansas City, MO

dib22

said by SuperNet:

What happens now is it "installs" windows updates and says successful, reboots and right before the log in screen it gives error "failure to installs windows update, rolling back"

Run windows update... only select 1 update... let it update... reboot... run windows update again... select the next update ...let it update... reboot... repeat until all updates are done and cross your fingers

norwegian
Premium Member
join:2005-02-15
Outback

norwegian to SuperNet

Premium Member

to SuperNet

Have you tried the A/V removal tool for what ever product that was on this computer? Very few A/V's uninstalled actually do the job properly and the removal tool is a sure fire way to make sure you don't have corrupted drivers affecting your other software from working properly.

There seems nothing conclusive that it is an issue with NET framework specifically, however you can remove it from the system if you want from Programs/Windows features, reboot, run a tool like CCleaner then go back into Programs/Windows Features.

SuperNet
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium Member
Hoffman Estates, IL

SuperNet to dib22

Premium Member

to dib22
said by dib22:

said by SuperNet:

Run windows update... only select 1 update... let it update... reboot... run windows update again... select the next update ...let it update... reboot... repeat until all updates are done and cross your fingers

That worked. Sadly took forever. Thanks for the help

dib22
Kansas City, MO

dib22

said by SuperNet:

That worked. Sadly took forever. Thanks for the help

No problem... I had to hand hold windows update once myself... hopefully you wont see it happen again.