share rss forum feed

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:3
reply to Konaguy

Re: Oceanic Time Warner Cable Update

said by Konaguy:

I spoke to my source at Oceanic Time Warner Cable. He couldn't give me a firm timetable when the neighbor island Road Runner speed increase (to 15Mbps) will happen-except to say it will happen sometime this year.

Oceanic has shifted several public access channels from analog to digital. This has opened up additional analog spectrum bandwidth, which they still have to reallocate. Oceanic has to complete this step and add additional hardware to the various head ends and hubs.

They're also going to increase the overall system capacity from 750Mhz to 1Ghz. In addition, the amount of channels allocated to each cable modem will be increased from four downstream to six.

well according to silicondust the 1GHz upgrade has been finished in Hawaii for at least a month as they are putting channels on 134.x (855MHz)

Konaguy
Live From Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Premium
join:2000-10-21
Kailua Kona, HI

said by motorola870:

well according to silicondust the 1GHz upgrade has been finished in Hawaii for at least a month as they are putting channels on 134.x (855MHz)

Who is silicondust? I set up my parents new HDTV and can confirm the addition of the channels in the 134.xxx range.

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:3

said by Konaguy:

said by motorola870:

Who is silicondust? I set up my parents new HDTV and can confirm the addition of the channels in the 134.xxx range.

»www.silicondust.com/hdhomerun/li···_9175403