share rss forum feed

obeythelaw
Premium
join:2003-04-16
Bayonne, NJ
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

tv mount

I have a somewhat older LG 47 inch lcd tv. The VESA patters was a bit more than 800mm and so I needed to buy a larger mount to accomodate it. Anyway, I only found a "tilt" mount by Sanus. Installation was easy. However, after putting it up, I'm not too fond of the tilt regardless of how I play around with the tilting (which isn't much). Anyway, you can essentially not tilt it by making the tv flush against the mounting bracket. It "clicks" into it while on the wall. My question is, can I leave the mount in such a way that it doesn't tilt? I could not find a low profile mount without any tilting and I'm not so sure the tv would look good or mount properly with a low profile mount since the tv is thicker than the newer lcds. The tv is not going anywhere on the wall. Hope I make some sense. I am just looking at it from a safety perspective in that will the mount/tv essentially tilt on its own due to gravity?

Dogg
Premium
join:2003-06-11
Belleville, IL

TV position should not make any difference. Mounts are designed and rated by weight. So as long as the mount in question is rated for the weight of the TV in question, there will be no issues.
--
Google is your Friend