Energystream
Premium Member
join:2010-04-16
Ridgewood, NY

Energystream to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus

Re: Mech Warrior Online

Played a couple of games last night because I couldn't sleep. Managed to get a few games in where I got 500-750 damage. I noticed that the games where I got that much, I was in a pack most of the time.

In addition to taking down an enemy quick, I noticed people were bad (at least last night) at focusing on one target if there are many. They just fire at whatever is in front of them. It helped to give me some time to move around to get out of LOS and fire at the enemies backs. Downside? having to direct lasers to the ground or sky so I don't melt my own team.

The high damage games I was also sniping early on with the Gauss cannon. Think getting better at targeting long distance without lock, just using the heat sig (when not a hot world).
I also tried to evade more using the terrain, either hills, tunnels, whatever so I didn't have more than 1 mech in my face.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

500-700 damage games are fantastic. The approach of dodging damage and sniping in shots when you can is the big mentality of a light mech.

It becomes more of a chess game than a giant brawl. I've seen it with us now where we're playing caustic valley and someone over-commits an exploration on a catapult and the whole team zones in on that one guy and makes him pay for it.

When you get your mech to a point where you're no longer throwing money at it to tinker with, it becomes a great thing. My LRM boat hasn't been modified in a while. My medium laser HBK was about to get shelved until I threw in a high speed engine in there. It's been a drastic improvement since then.

The next step is a light mech, a Raven. I'm going to get that ironed out, but the 3L is so damn expensive. The XL engine upgrade is 4mill cbills alone. Then I have to slap some SRMs and probably another medium laser on it. Hopefully, it'll be in good shape by then.

The real $$ sink comes when you start maxing the talents out in the mechs and you have to start leveling up other variants of the same type so you can max those out.

When you get XP-capped on 3 different mechs of the same type, you unlock higher tiers.

Energystream
Premium Member
join:2010-04-16
Ridgewood, NY

Energystream

Premium Member

I am really torn between getting the Catpault SRM/LRM Boat and going for the Awesome. One of the reason is that I share equipment between the two, but more importantly I share the pilot skills between the two and can unlock them faster.

Having the mix of SRM/LRM while less effective long range, is not totally screwed close range. Either way I am a way off in C-bills, might be a week or so before I get up to 10 mil to give me some buffer.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

I paid for the DDC with the premium credits I bought last September. I think it cost just under 4200 MC, or 10mill C-bills.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus to Energystream

Premium Member

to Energystream
The Awesome is the best LRM boat in the game. There's no reason to be hasty just so you can do a bunch of things mediocre.

The Cat is an amazing SRM whore though. 6x SRMs.
Exodus

Exodus

Premium Member

Also, if you go with the LRM boat, it doesn't take that long to deck it out. The only upgrade I picked up was double heat sinks. There's no room for armor or endo. Just strap on 4X LRMs and shove ammo in every spot that'll fit.