spc
Search similar:

uniqs
mtnsportr
join:2013-02-22
Brenham, TX

mtnsportr

Faster Internet Profile than Available

My rate cap is 6mbps but my RG usually hovers around 13-14mbps when I look at what is available. The ATT webpage does not give me the option to increase speed to 12mbps. I called to see if they could override what the internet shows and give me the better profile. Their response was for me to go to their webpage and see that I can't get a better profile than 6mpps. But that is why I called in the first place! lol

How can you get ATT to give you a better profile than what is listed on the webpage?

Thanks!

FYI - every time it thundered, my RG would reset. I thought it was the ISP. But I rewired the old phone line with good stuff from Amazon. When I disconnected the old line, it was so brittle it crumbled! So the thunder was causing the line to vibrate and disconnect. The new line is not cutting out anymore.

Tech007
Premium Member
join:2013-01-25
Belleville, IL

Tech007

Premium Member

You are probably too far away for faster speed. I had the same thing, i'm about 500' too far for 12mb. I got a tier2 tech to actually raise mine to 12mb but then I had all sorts of issues with my rg constantly losing signal, had an outside repair tech come check the line but I had to go back to 6m and its been great ever since
mtnsportr
join:2013-02-22
Brenham, TX

mtnsportr

What speed did your modem tell you was available?
Matt7
join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH

Matt7 to mtnsportr

to mtnsportr
said by mtnsportr:

My rate cap is 6mbps but my RG usually hovers around 13-14mbps when I look at what is available.

Not enough overhead for 12 mb profile.

Sounds like your too far for that speed tier.