1-3-2-4
Premium Member
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT

Subaru to Transmaster

Premium Member

to Transmaster

Re: Finding out something very interesting

I used to do the same you used to do.. I ended up cord cutting but might get services back but using a HTPC for a dvr.. I still watch very little tv.

buddahbless
join:2005-03-21
Premium

buddahbless

Same here. At MY IL residence I cut the cord yrs ago, between hulu, netflix, and crackle I have more than enough to watch, not to mention my 2TB DLNA NAS thats only partially full that has well over 300 of my favorite movies ( and 50+ disney movies for the kids) at the touch of a button.

GNShell
join:2001-02-12

GNShell

Same thing happened here. Had only a small standard TV, bought a huge flat LED smart TV, realized I wasn't watching much cable -----> so I cut the cord and subscribed to Netflix.

Conclusion, watch more TV with family. Happy to have permanently reduced my monthly bills (by a lot!)

Transmaster
Don't Blame Me I Voted For Bill and Opus
join:2001-06-20
Cheyenne, WY

Transmaster

I am looking at a VPN connection to the UK so I can watch their TV. It is better. BBC-2 just got done with season 4 of Great British Railway Journeys presented by Michael Portillo. The series has 25 1/2 hour episodes in which Michael Protillo uses what is called a "Bradshaw" which is a train schedule and travel quide that was published by John Bradshaw starting in 1840. He travels the UK, and Irish rail system to see how many of the things mentioned in the Bradshaw Guides are still there. I have several editions of these Bradshaws starting with the 1840 edition loaded onto my iPad and I can follow Michael in his travels there is nothing like it on American TV. Most of the good stuff we do see on the Discovery Channel, History Channels, NatGeo first aired in the UK although many of them are edited to the point where they are unrecognizable garbage.

GNShell
join:2001-02-12

GNShell

Got any good solid guides about VPN connections, setup, and implementation?

Transmaster
Don't Blame Me I Voted For Bill and Opus
join:2001-06-20
Cheyenne, WY

Transmaster

I am looking into to several the best are those used by businesses they are also the most expensive but still they are far cheaper then Cable TV. VPN is built into Windows so you can set it up on your own but I would like something a little easier to set up, like you pay your money get a Key, pick a country, and click enter.