jmck
formerly 'shaded'

join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Start Communicat..
reply to JMJimmy

Re: How will my ping be affected moving from Bell to Teksavvy?

said by JMJimmy:

said by kovy7:

said by JMJimmy:

Dunno, with all my various times with Bhell internet at various locations (4 different ones) I never saw a ping time lower than 150ms. It's horrible and I will never go back.

Were you trying to ping china ?

Pinging google.com [74.125.226.193] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 74.125.226.193: bytes=32 time=27ms TTL=54

Ping statistics for 74.125.226.193:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 27ms, Maximum = 27ms, Average = 27ms

Always google.ca - either way, even at 27ms TSI is half that.

meanwhile TSI users can't even watch a youtube video without constant buffering? there's more to network quality then a few milliseconds here and there.

JMJimmy

join:2008-07-23
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
said by jmck:

meanwhile TSI users can't even watch a youtube video without constant buffering? there's more to network quality then a few milliseconds here and there.

Flash 11.3 = no buffering issues for me.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'

Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Start Communicat..
said by JMJimmy:

said by jmck:

yes, lets keep pretending it's a flash issue. let's ignore that people still had issues with youtube even without using flash (mobile devices, iPads, etc). let's also ignore that there's a huge thread going on where people who just came from other ISPs aren't having the issue or that people who just left TSI and went to another provider aren't seeing the issue.

JMJimmy

join:2008-07-23
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
said by jmck:

said by JMJimmy:

said by jmck:

yes, lets keep pretending it's a flash issue. let's ignore that people still had issues with youtube even without using flash (mobile devices, iPads, etc). let's also ignore that there's a huge thread going on where people who just came from other ISPs aren't having the issue or that people who just left TSI and went to another provider aren't seeing the issue.

Did I say that was the only thing that could be causing it? Cable users/time of day issues I don't doubt it's congestion. All I know is that's what resolved it for me. I've had no issues since downgrading.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'

Ottawa, ON
well you probably don't want to run an outdated version of flash too btw, it's one of the biggest ways to get malware on your system these days along with older java plugin versions.