spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Simiakos
@verizon.net

Simiakos

Anon

Help Bridging actiontec MI424 to NetGear FVS336G

I purchased a Netger FVS3336G inorder to replace my Verizon Actiontec router for my home network. I need the actiontec to continue to connect to the set top boxes but want to eliminate all routing functions.

My first step was switching from a moca connection to Ethernet. Called VZ and took care of that. I saw some videos and posts on how to bridge but had no luck with that.

I went here »Verizon FiOS FAQ »What are the tradeoffs between the various router configurations - and after reading realized 6 and 7 are my best options but want to know exactly how to alter settings on both actiontec and netgear.

Any and all help would be great.

Thanks
Tommy

birdfeedr
MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI

birdfeedr

MVM

Recommend option 7 for several reasons, mostly having to do with LAN connectivity between both routers, although if you intend to use the Actiontec solely for STB/DVR connection, then option 6 is acceptable.

Follow the link in that FAQ to here. »Verizon FiOS FAQ »Replacing the Actiontec (part 4): LAN-to-LAN keeps all devices on one network

Obviously, you'll need to reference the Netgear manual for specifics on using its GUI, and I don't think there's a FAQ with screenshots for the Actiontec, but the linked FAQ has lots of details that will get you through to success.

If you get stuck, there's plenty of helpful folks here.