spc
Search similar:

uniqs
fossilz
join:2001-03-20
Port Charlotte, FL

fossilz

Bye Bye Charter Cloud Drive

Looks like the Charter Cloud Drive services is being discontinued. I only tried it out and didn't like it.

Here is the voice mail I got from Charter about it:
»dl.dropbox.com/u/71623/C ··· rive.wav
BlakePaulson
join:2008-08-06
Alexandria, MN

BlakePaulson

Looks like they're trying to gut everything!

Not like anyone used these services that they waste money on to try to get people to come to charter.

They should just stick with internet and stop with the extra crap no one uses... maybe our bills wouldn't need to increase if they stopped with all this "free" crap no one uses.

lineofsight
join:2003-01-03
East Saint Louis, IL

lineofsight to fossilz

to fossilz
It's difficult to get someone to see value in something that is free everywhere else.

INtheKnow
@charter.com

INtheKnow

Anon

Cloud Drive was provided by a third party vender who is no longer in buisness that is why service is being discontinued.

mmainprize
join:2001-12-06
Houghton Lake, MI

mmainprize

said by INtheKnow :

Cloud Drive was provided by a third party vender who is no longer in buisness that is why service is being discontinued.

So it could not be replaced by some other third part service?
Some much for any backups you may have made you must do it again now. This was the reason why most people had this cloud service.

And why should we believe/trust "IntheKnow" when you post as an anon user. It makes it harder to believe you have any inside info.
Its just as easy to believe they are cutting costs. So what was the third party's name, should be a news story some where.

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

cork1958 to fossilz

Premium Member

to fossilz
said by fossilz:

Looks like the Charter Cloud Drive services is being discontinued. I only tried it out and didn't like it.

Here is the voice mail I got from Charter about it:
»dl.dropbox.com/u/71623/C ··· rive.wav

Yeah,
I tried it out also, but didn't like it either.

Not much into this cloud crap anyway.

Sure hope there weren't to many people with a boat load of stuff uploaded!
RonSMeyer
join:2000-05-12
Saint Louis, MO

RonSMeyer to fossilz

to fossilz
I wanted to use it but it wouldn't accept an FTP connection so I went elsewhere. Glad I did now.
markopoleo
join:2003-04-02
Bonne Terre, MO

markopoleo to BlakePaulson

to BlakePaulson
Here here! Not only that, they could offer better HSI tiers with "packages" that people would use online stuff for example.

Like buy one tier get amazon prime for free, or another get free usenet from a provider for a year, etc. I would be all up on stuff like that.
fossilz
join:2001-03-20
Port Charlotte, FL

fossilz

marko, you're making to much sense for Charter. They'd rather be a company in complete disaray.
cloves69
join:2004-01-11
Midwest

cloves69 to fossilz

to fossilz
»www.myaccount.charter.co ··· eid=2657

Product Update: At Charter, we continuously evaluate our offerings to ensure we offer you the best products at a great value. Effective February 7, 2013, we are no longer accepting new Charter Cloud Drive customers. However, we will continue to support existing Charter Cloud Drive customers who have posted files to Cloud Drive. Please click on the links below for Cloud Drive information and troubleshooting tips.

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

cork1958 to fossilz

Premium Member

to fossilz
said by markopoleo:

Here here! Not only that, they could offer better HSI tiers with "packages" that people would use online stuff for example.

Like buy one tier get amazon prime for free, or another get free usenet from a provider for a year, etc. I would be all up on stuff like that.

said by fossilz:

marko, you're making to much sense for Charter. They'd rather be a company in complete disaray.

That may be making sense to us, but it would end up a TOTAL cluster mess for Charter, as they can barely run their own network correctly in some areas, let alone deal with all those "packages" as witnessed by the fact they've eliminated their own tiers, social network and now cloud drive!

hedontknow
@lightpath.net

hedontknow to mmainprize

Anon

to mmainprize
The third party company still and will continue in business. Call yourself 855 2157822