uniqs

kamm
join:2001-02-14
Brooklyn, NY

kamm to DaneJasper

to DaneJasper

Re: Wheeler is a good choice

said by DaneJasper:

I believe that Wheeler would be a good selection for the new FCC chief position. His cable industry tenure dates back to a time when cable itself was a disruptive and competitive industry, and his Earthlink board membership has likely given him ample experience with the issues ISPs and carriers have today.

--
Dane Jasper
CEO
Sonic.net

Right except the FCC's role is NOT to serve YOUR BUSINESS interests but to SERVE US, CUSTOMERS.

In other words ISPs can go ***** themselves as far as most of us concerned and I will do everything I can TO BLOCK this lobbyist scumbag to become ANYONE in the government.

myosh
join:2001-05-03
Cupertino, CA

myosh

said by kamm:

Right except the FCC's role is NOT to serve YOUR BUSINESS interests but to SERVE US, CUSTOMERS.

In other words ISPs can go ***** themselves as far as most of us concerned and I will do everything I can TO BLOCK this lobbyist scumbag to become ANYONE in the government.

Ummm, please do a little research about Dane's company before you blast him (which he doesn't deserve IMO). Dane Jasper's Sonic.net is one of the few remaining successful INDEPENDENT ISPs still operating. Sonic is one of the very few ISPs that provide direct competition to AT&T in Northern California by providing uncapped DSL and ADSL2+ service to residential and business customers (remember AT&T's DSL and U-Verse services have caps and overages).

In short, you want companies like Sonic.net around otherwise your only broadband options are with the local Telco or Cable, both of which are huge corporations that could care less what you think as long as the $$$ keep flowing in.

DaneJasper
Sonic.Net
Premium Member
join:2001-08-20
Santa Rosa, CA

DaneJasper

Premium Member

Thanks myosh for the support.

Kamm, do give a look to our press clippings, and you may understand why my endorsement is likely to be in alignment with your own agenda too. Here: »www.sonic.net/company/

--
Dane Jasper
CEO (but one of the good guys)
Sonic.net
CXM_Splicer
Looking at the bigger picture
Premium Member
join:2011-08-11
NYC

CXM_Splicer

Premium Member

And here I am thinking Sonic is a fast food chain!

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· vvDQidGM
TBBroadband
join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband to myosh

to myosh
Sonic is only independent as far as the actual first mile of the service. He still depends on the ILEC- AT&T for much of his last mile. That is not what a true independent was suppose to be. The carriers were given only CLEC status and to become a full carrier and to BUILD out their OWN network. Although most of them didn't and some only did it half way. By still piggy backing on the ILECs still they are not fully independent. Also when cherry picking your coverage areas doesn't help you much either and should be shown what cherry picking is. If you want to service an area, you should service the entire area.