Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dsl2u

join:2012-05-16
CANADA
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine

Nettalk Call Forwarding: Can I forward to a VOIP number?

I'm trying to forward my Canadian Nettalk number (on their website) to a VOIP number (in Canada). When I select Yes when it asks me if its a VOIP number the next screen says "Invalid Destination Format". When I tried setting it to No it worked for a while. Then stopped. I reset it and it worked again. Now its not working at all. Is this supposed to work? Voicemail and other features are fine.

It also says you can forward to a SIP number. If anyone has done that can you let me know if it worked OK? I've got a SIP number but I have to look up all the settings to input the data.

gbh2o

join:2000-12-18
Longs, SC
Reviews:
·Future Nine Corp..
·callwithus
·VOIPO

I have my Nettalk account(s) try the primary number (device) followed by a second try (forward) to ring a VoIP DID(set to no). Still works fine after two years. Don't forget that it takes a bit of time trying the first destination before it attempts the secondary.

If you set the VoIP to 'yes' then you must enter the SIP address for that destination. I prefer to just forward as if it is a POTS DID. From memory, I found it worked more reliably, way back when.

dsl2u

CANADA
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine

I didn't realize the "yes to VOIP" was SIP related. More great web design! That's starting to make sense now. Many thanks. I was trying to get it to go to Freephoneline but they won't give out SIP info for free. I'll try Callcentric. Hopefully that will work.

But I wonder why it worked for a while?

dsl2u

CANADA
reply to dsl2u

UPDATE: Its working now. I opened up a fresh account at the receiving end of the call forwarding transfer and it worked great. Looks like it wasn't an issue with Nettalk.

netTALK

@nettalkglobal.com
reply to dsl2u

Hello dsl2u,

my name is Vrsni and im part of netTALK's Customer Relations Team. Im glad to hear that your issue has been resolved.

If you do encounter any other questions or you are wondering how to activate several features, send an email over to connect@nettalk.com and i will be more than happy to see to that case myself.

Have a great day