join:2001-01-03
South Jersey

Fir_Na_Tine

Premium Member

Mark Hamill on 'Star Wars: Episode VII':

'They're talking to us'

»insidemovies.ew.com/2013 ··· pt=hp_t4

My favorite quote from the article.

“When I found out [while making the original trilogy] that ultimate good news/bad news joke — the good news is there’s a real attractive, hot girl in the universe; the bad news is she’s your sister — I thought, ‘Well, I’m going to wind up like Sir Alec [Guinness]. I’m going to be a lonely old hermit living out in some kind of desert igloo with a couple of robots.’ “

I like his thoughts on doing things. I tend to think to that too much CGI looks crappy and really fake. It be great to see them all back if it does happen.

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium Member
join:2005-01-20

Thane_Bitter

Premium Member

I agree, it wasn't till the 6th film (III) that the CGI was realistic enough; episodes I & II strike me as a sort of "we'll fix it in photoshop" type of thing.

On the other hand, time has not been kind on the actors, I would not want to see Carrie Fisher dress up in her Jaba palace slave outfit today - ugh!

Fir_Na_Tine
Time to get riggity riggity wrecked son
Premium Member
join:2001-01-03
South Jersey

Fir_Na_Tine

Premium Member

said by Thane_Bitter:

I agree, it wasn't till the 6th film (III) that the CGI was realistic enough; episodes I & II strike me as a sort of "we'll fix it in photoshop" type of thing.

On the other hand, time has not been kind on the actors, I would not want to see Carrie Fisher dress up in her Jaba palace slave outfit today - ugh!

Well 36 years is not kind to most people . I would assume they would place the movie so Luke, Leia and Han are mentors. Like how Obi-Wan was in Episode 4.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

1 recommendation

Snakeoil

Premium Member

I don't want any of the original cast in any of the new star wars movies. If they are in, I wont be wasting my money on them.
Just like terminator Arnold plays, I will not pay to see. An actor has to know when to walk away.

IMO, Star Wars is ripe for a reboot. Start with teen aged actors and go from there.
Or instead of a "pure" reboot, just continue on with the story, but a couple of generations down the road from where 6 left off. That way you don't need the original cast, and you can refer to the other 6 movies as history.
And your not really rebooting the series.
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4 to Fir_Na_Tine

to Fir_Na_Tine

Bob4

Bob4 to Fir_Na_Tine

to Fir_Na_Tine
I can't find the quote, but George Lucas said that Star Wars 7 would be boring and no one would want to watch.

I guess that was before Disney gave him a ton of money.

DanHo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-20
Seattle, WA

DanHo

Premium Member

said by Bob4:

I guess that was before Disney gave him a ton of money.

Which he is donating to charity.

StyxKee
join:2001-07-05
GTA, Canada

StyxKee to Fir_Na_Tine

to Fir_Na_Tine
Too bad that Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford a bit long in the tooth to play their original roles in the Thrawn trilogy (good story to go on that were written by Timothy Zahn. Thrawn was also the main character used in the Star Wars TIE Fighter series PC games way back when).

Saying that, they may still be able to play their roles based on "The New Jedi Order" series of books.... bringing in new casts as the 3 Solo's kids. (However, The New Jedi Order canon has 21 books, with several shocking development.)

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Fir_Na_Tine

Premium Member

to Fir_Na_Tine
I hope they make ep 7-9 to fill out this

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

Didn't Luke have to balance the force at one point? Become both light and dark jedi?

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Don't know as I haven't read the books, but he shacked up with Mara Jade (who was sloted to be vader's replacement)

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

I only read the Timothy Zhan trilogy years ago. I thought he was searching for other Jedi as well as trying to bring balance to the force towards the end of the books. I seem to recall Jade was trying to kill him, but fell in love with him, if not in that series of books, it was at least hinted at.

Lazarus
Slavin Away
Premium Member
join:2002-06-18
Dickinson, ND

Lazarus to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
I don't think she had much to do with Vader at all. She was the Emperor's Hand and did assasinations and other jobs for him and I don't think she was slated to replace Vader either. Here is the Wookieepedia article on her. »starwars.wikia.com/wiki/ ··· kywalker

I agree that the New Jedi Order Series would be a good one to base the new movies on or any of the following series like Legacy of the Force or Fate of the Jedi.

RonS
Madm0nke
Premium Member
join:2000-06-19
Dayton, OH

RonS

Premium Member

In the middle of reading the Fate of the Jedi series. So far I like Legacy of the Force better if it was going to be made into a movie.

They are in the mists of writing a new trilogy called Sword of the Jedi. Wonder if this might be the basis for the movie.
quote:
This book, the first in the Sword of the Jedi trilogy, will take place sometime after the conclusion of the Fate of the Jedi series and will be focused on Jedi Master Jaina Solo Fel and her husband Jagged Fel. The series will also star Tahiri Veila, Ben Skywalker, and Allana Solo.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Lazarus

Premium Member

to Lazarus
said by Lazarus:

I don't think she had much to do with Vader at all. She was the Emperor's Hand and did assasinations and other jobs for him and I don't think she was slated to replace Vader either. Here is the Wookieepedia article on her. »starwars.wikia.com/wiki/ ··· kywalker

I agree that the New Jedi Order Series would be a good one to base the new movies on or any of the following series like Legacy of the Force or Fate of the Jedi.

Well I recall a friend in HS that read the books and said that she was the backup in-case vader failed, but as the emp died she wasn't activated into that role.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil to Fir_Na_Tine

Premium Member

to Fir_Na_Tine
»insidemovies.ew.com/2013 ··· ar-wars/

Carrie Fisher is on board with the idea.

»www.usmagazine.com/celeb ··· i-201363

As long as she stays out of the Bikini.

Who was the youngest cast member? Hamill or Fisher?

StyxKee
join:2001-07-05
GTA, Canada

StyxKee

said by Snakeoil:

"Carrie Fisher back as Princess Leia....Hmmmm....Not so fast"... »news.cnet.com/8301-1023_ ··· ag=title

Warzau
Premium Member
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL

Warzau to Fir_Na_Tine

Premium Member

to Fir_Na_Tine
»www.digitalspy.com/movie ··· ned.html

Star Wars Episode 7: Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher signed

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil to StyxKee

Premium Member

to StyxKee
said by StyxKee:

said by Snakeoil:

"Carrie Fisher back as Princess Leia....Hmmmm....Not so fast"... »news.cnet.com/8301-1023_ ··· ag=title

»www.firstshowing.net/201 ··· ar-wars/
quote:
LATEST NEWS
Now Lucas Confirms Hamill, Ford & Fisher Will Return to 'Star Wars'

Ok, so now what?

Warzau
Premium Member
Naperville, IL

Warzau to Fir_Na_Tine

Premium Member

to Fir_Na_Tine
It's like a Three's company episode!

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

1 recommendation

Snakeoil

Premium Member

said by Warzau:

It's like a Three's company episode!

At the geriatric home.

Warzau
Premium Member
Naperville, IL

Warzau to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
said by Snakeoil:

Didn't Luke have to balance the force at one point? Become both light and dark jedi?

IIRC Yes he had to be covert, but was slowly being drawn by the Dark Side.