dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Gigantor6
join:2013-02-22

Gigantor6 to kokkatc

to kokkatc

Re: [CA] Unacceptable Latency to California Servers - Solution?

I live in Santee, a suburb of san diego. I play call of duty on my xbox. I have good quality of service for download 98%, but I always have a poor upload quality of service. Usually it runs at about 40%. When I run internet quality of service test out of the poway site through www.visualware.com ---
When my upload quality of service goes up to 47%, it never goes higher then 47%, I have a kill/death ratio of almost 1.00. Normally which is almost always I rarely get beter then a .6 maybe a .7 k/d ratio. The neighbor hood up the street from me, they tell me they don't have this problem. And yet cox continues to tell me everything is fine. I've had literally over a dozen cox tecs come out and check my modem router an line running in my attic. The hardware and wiring are not the problem. I believe that Coxs doesn't want to spend the money on another are hub and so there are to many people on one hub. I don't really know though. But I do know that if my download consistency is high, then there is no reason to do with anyone else then Cox for my upload quality consistancy to be low. I have premier service with a docis 3.0 modem. I dont have upload bond yet. I do have 4 channel download bonding. My internet speed is good. Its like 5-6 upload speed and 23-24 download speed. I'm really annoyed with cox. In my kill cam when I die, I constantly see that what I am seeing before I die is often, almost always, .1---.15 seconds behind what the person sees before I die. It really sucks.
Gigantor6

Gigantor6

Let me clarify better what I meant. When I get a upload quality of service of 40% my k/D ratio is around 0.5
When my qulity of service goes up to 47% my k/D is almost 1.0
Gigantor6

Gigantor6

Oh by the way cookie, I tried that google public server by manually configuring my xbox. It didn't help. Also the nieghborhood 3 blocks away, they don't have the problems this neighborhood has. I know this because my daughter friends who live up the street kick butt on the xbox, but on my xbox they loose their shirts just like I do. I suspect the cox hub is over subscribed. The two nieghborhoods are separated by a drainage canal and I noticed that the overhead power lines don't connect over the canal. They seem to be separately networked, although not positive about that. They seem to move away from the canal to the two main streets perpendicular to the one my daughters friends and I live on. Remember my upload quality of service is 40% while my download qulity of service is 98%
Gigantor6

Gigantor6

One more thing. My router is configered good. I tried DMZ and then port forwards with little to no effect. All game ping bars are lit and green. So its not that. When the tecs came by they slipped up and mention that their were a lot of modem on this area hub and that they need to check to see what Cox policy was on maximum number of modems on one hub. I asked them if that was so why was the are up the street not having the same problem as I was? They said that, that area was on a different hub............. Ta DA