FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
reply to DaneJasper

Re: Wheeler is a good choice

said by DaneJasper:

I believe that Wheeler would be a good selection for the new FCC chief position. His cable industry tenure dates back to a time when cable itself was a disruptive and competitive industry, and his Earthlink board membership has likely given him ample experience with the issues ISPs and carriers have today.
Dane Jasper
CEO
Sonic.net

My bet is on the 1st woman FCC chair. It fits the way Obama thinks. The only positive I see is that she isn't a lawyer. »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karen_Korn···ducation

»business.time.com/2013/02/21/as-···ccessor/
quote:
Karen Kornbluh: Currently President Obama’s Ambassador to the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), Kornbluh is a well-respected official who has been at Obama’s side since his days in the U.S. Senate. Although she has operated largely behind the scenes, her influence on Obama’s policies has been so significant that she has been called Obama’s “brain.” Like Wheeler, Kornbluh has a direct line to President Obama.

In the mid-1990s, Kornbluh served in various roles at the FCC, so she has a telecom policy background. Equally adept at policy and politics, Kornbluh is said to be mounting a serious campaign for the job. “She’s smart,” says one D.C. insider, “and she’s not going to upset the apple cart.” Kornbluh is considered a top candidate due to her close relationship with Obama, as well as her expertise in telecom policy.
--
I will be perfectly happy if the budget cuts specified in the Budget Control Act go into effect. 3 cheers for the sequester. Take the money from the drunken federal spenders.