RobNyc
Premium Member
join:2002-03-06
New York, NY

RobNyc

Premium Member

[OS X] Unable to use BootCamp on Parallels

Click for full size
I have BootCamp on VMWare fine, and now wanted to compare how it ran in Paralles but unable to do so.

Running rMBP 15, Lion 10.8.2
kitsune
join:2001-11-26
Sacramento, CA

kitsune

Make sure VMWare (or it's daemon's) are not running. If they are it prevents other applications from making changes. Hence the read/write permission error. You might need to uninstall VMWare in order to release it.

RobNyc
Premium Member
New York, NY

RobNyc

Premium Member

Yep VMWare was closed, even rebooted the machine same error.

RiseAbove
Premium Member
join:2004-01-30

RiseAbove

Premium Member

Did you do a command I on the disk and made sure you do have permissions to read and write to it?
kitsune
join:2001-11-26
Sacramento, CA

kitsune to RobNyc

to RobNyc
said by RobNyc:

Closing the application does not stop the daemon (which by default starts running when you boot the computer up). I would check in /Library/LaunchDaemons for anything referencing VMWare. Also, I would check /Library/LaunchAgents, and /Library/StartupItems as well as the user equivalents: ~/Library/xxx. If you find aything simply pull it to another folder and then restart the computer.

RobNyc
Premium Member
New York, NY

RobNyc

Premium Member

said by kitsune:

said by RobNyc:

Closing the application does not stop the daemon (which by default starts running when you boot the computer up). I would check in /Library/LaunchDaemons for anything referencing VMWare. Also, I would check /Library/LaunchAgents, and /Library/StartupItems as well as the user equivalents: ~/Library/xxx. If you find aything simply pull it to another folder and then restart the computer.

I'll check but before I transfered everything to my Retina i had them both running simultaneously 1 with bootcamp 1 with another windows (non_bootcamp) but either or were able to boot up bootcamp