spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Probitas
@teksavvy.com

Probitas

Anon

subsidies

If business can't support itself on revenues from opt-in channels, then respectfully, those channels should die. At what point did we become used to paying for things that used to be provided over the air for free? We have to pay to watch commercials, which I find rank. If commercial programming can't support itself, charge more to the marketers, not the customer. I'm totally against paying for television with commercials, it's so bad even the movie channels have commercials.

It's like a lot of things, I think the main reason for these fees is because people are no longer taking it up the rear, cutting cable/sat services and moving to internet services which are of the same quality at far less prices, without all the commercials. And just try to force those companies to increase their costs, the don't even own the lines the service is provided on, and can do little to justify increased costs without some telecom company raising the rates on them to carry the service they stream.
whoyourdaddy
join:2013-02-20
Honey Brook, PA

whoyourdaddy

have the commercial programming pay more to be on the channels
don't make the customers pay more

MxxCon
join:1999-11-19
Brooklyn, NY

MxxCon to Probitas

to Probitas
said by Probitas :

If business can't support itself on revenues from opt-in channels, then respectfully, those channels should die.

Or lower their running costs.

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4 to Probitas

to Probitas
yeah it stinks that you can't watch hardly any college football bowl games on local tv. MOST of them are on ESPN which is a crying shame. Of course the NCAA won't tell abc/espn to show them on local tv for those that don't want to or can't afford cable tv.