how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Reno_William

join:2007-07-18
Peterborough, ON

[INTERNET] Anyone in Peterborough on the 60/2 Connection

I just called to get this service hooked up an I'm wondering if any of you have this connection yet? If so, are you getting anywhere near advertised speed. I am located close to downtown at Dalhousie and Aylmer Street.

Please post speed test results.

Cogeco_Steve
VIP
join:2006-12-17
Trois-Rivieres, QC
Do you have a gigabit ethernet network card?

Reno_William

Peterborough, ON
yes...I have an asus maximus extream-Z motherboard

peterboro
Premium
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON
reply to Reno_William
Cable speed and reliability is node centric so you could be anywhere and get the same results in Peterborough. That said if I lived where you are I'd be more worried about someone stealing my hubcaps or breaking in and stealing my internets outright.

Reno_William

Peterborough, ON
I understand that it is dependent on the node, which is why I gave my location. I agree with you about this area but knock on wood I've had no issues in 5 years I've been here. My dad lives in a nice neighborhood and his car has been broke into twice in that time.

peterboro
Premium
Peterborough, ON
said by Reno_William:

I understand that it is dependent on the node, which is why I gave my location. I agree with you about this area but knock on wood I've had no issues in 5 years I've been here. My dad lives in a nice neighborhood and his car has been broke into twice in that time.

Might be a long shot that you will get someone from your node and on your profile to chime in. I'm 14/2 and only get 7.2/1.3 actual speeds.

As for your area I suspect all your neighbourhood scofflaws go to your dad's and my area to jack our shit. Thus you're safe.

Reno_William

Peterborough, ON
I figured it would be a longshot. Anyway they are coming tomorrow, so I guess i'll find out. Its too bad bell is the only isp that has greater than 2 meg upload, as I won't deal with that company. I have a friend in the USA on Comcast and he's getting a free upgrade to 50/10 next month.

peterboro
Premium
Peterborough, ON
I'm fine with 14/2 or 7/1 or heck 3/1 even. Based on where you are you could even get Nexicom's ADSL2+ with no cap.

Reno_William

Peterborough, ON
reply to Reno_William
Well its hooked up and looks good so far.

»www.speedtest.net/result/2534496101.png