brianiscool

join:2000-08-16
Tampa, FL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to brianiscool

Re: Outage Tampa

Oh, great wonderful. Now we got to boil our water for 48 hrs due to a power failure.

A power failure affecting the City of Tampa David L. Tippin Water Treatment Facility resulted in either temporary low pressure or loss of water service for customers. TECO and City of Tampa crews are on-site and working to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

All customers within the City of Tampa water service area are reminded to follow precautionary boil water for a minimum of the next 48 hours.

squirrel21

join:2007-03-12
New Port Richey, FL

Re: Outage Tampa -- 48 Hour Water Boil Order

Initial reports are blaming it on a squirrel (not me) shorting the lines. That happens at least twice a year within my subdivision and you always hear a loud pop. However, I would expect the water dept to be more protected. Someone is going to lose their job :-( BTW, I don't believe there was a literal storm in the area in the below clip from

AbcActionNews:

The cause:

Tampa Electric says the cause of the outage was likely caused by a "perfect storm" There are two lines that feed power to the plant. One line was likely damaged by a squirrel or rodent. Tampa Electric reports that there was also a problem with the city's equipment that exacerbated the issue, causing the second line to fail.

Power was restored at 4 p.m

eival

join:2008-07-09

just had this happen again, really annoying, only lasted about 10 minutes.

the verizon.com status/maintinance page litterally is broken, the coding has it it not even loading properly in any browsers, but even still it doesnt actually say anything about the status or any maintinance, its basically a blank text area with the other general links and toolbars on it.

i know theres actual employees/reps who use this site, is there a competent site somewhere we can monitor upcoming outages or maintinance that might disrupt service?

Raphion

join:2000-10-14
Samsara
reply to squirrel21

That's odd that they don't have a diesel backup generator there. We have one on the pump station in my part of bradenton.