Elmhurst, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·RCN CABLE
·Earthlink Cable ..
reply to winsyrstrife

Re: Dropping TV kicks it down the line

said by winsyrstrife:

I suppose you could drop TV. If enough customers do, but opt to keep their Internet services, how long will it be before the charges imposed on TV services are passed to Internet services?...

Then the question becomes how many are willing to cut their Internet cord? I can't (I frequently telecommute).

This is the problem. We already know what is going to happen if we cut one cord. Why not eliminate this entire problem by voicing out loud and clear "we want a-la-carte programming" at a reasonable rate. We want the shivers to be sent to the content providers who like bundling things, not to the deliverymen.
If they had an option, the cable/satellite providers would unbundle.
Dish was founded on that principle (I learned that here on DSLR).

I find that most people who come here - myself included sometimes - just whine about Karl's findings. Its a feeding frenzy where everyone feeds off each other's opinions.

WHO ACTUALLY DOES SOMETHING ABOUT THESE THINGS. I DON'T.
I seriously want to but do we really do anything but just express our opinions ? We just go about our business on a day-to-day basis and expect someone else to take care of the crap.

PS. Don't want you to think that I'm venting on you or something (no offense). I just had to say what I felt like saying.

chiggy
--
"Look at me, I'm Dr. Zoidberg, homeowner."

Lagz
Premium
join:2000-09-03
The Rock
said by cchhat01:

I find that most people who come here - myself included sometimes - just whine about Karl's findings. Its a feeding frenzy where everyone feeds off each other's opinions.

WHO ACTUALLY DOES SOMETHING ABOUT THESE THINGS. I DON'T.
I seriously want to but do we really do anything but just express our opinions ? We just go about our business on a day-to-day basis and expect someone else to take care of the crap.

PS. Don't want you to think that I'm venting on you or something (no offense). I just had to say what I felt like saying.

chiggy

I did. I cut the cord and told them that I wouldn't be back until they had a la-carte programming.
--
When somebody tells you nothing is impossible, ask him to dribble a football.