Xstar_Lumini
join:2008-12-14
CANADA

Xstar_Lumini to hjlow

to hjlow

Re: Unlimited Internet option on Rogers for a limited time

said by hjlow:

thanks Rogers. At least I don't have to switch to Bell now

You are a sucker, this is a sucker's deal.... how about this, I'll give you a coca-cola pop for half the price if you spend $300 bucks in food at my restaurant.
technocar2
join:2009-05-29
Brampton, ON

technocar2

said by Xstar_Lumini:

You are a sucker, this is a sucker's deal....

How...????

No contract, you can cancel anytime, fast and reliable connection, something the the indies can never achieve. Just look at the current youtube issues with TSI, been over a month now and its still not resolved whilst on rogers I can stream easily over 100mbps on youtube during peak time, that says a lot about the indies' reliability. Please...there is no better option other than rogers if you want the best internet experience, they have definitely gotten their act together in the internet department and it shows: no throttling, fast download speed, absolutely zero local node congestion, higher upload speed, increased transit capacity and now unlimited. Sorry... I don't see how that's a sucker's deal?

Indies might have cheaper prices but they are not even remotely close to as reliable as rogers at the moment!

TLS2000
Premium Member
join:2004-02-24
Elmsdale, NS
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Ubiquiti U6-LR
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-nanoHD

TLS2000

Premium Member

I'm currently with Rogers too, but I have to say that I have plenty of issues with the reliability of Youtube. Some videos take forever to load. It's not a lot of videos, but it does happen. Really it all comes down to whether their cache servers have the video or not.

I'm going to be switching to Teksavvy very shortly because I'm tired of Rogers finding more ways to get money out of me. I'm on the old Ultimate plan, so to get unlimited my bill will go up by $50/mo or I have to downgrade.

I figure if I'm being forced to downgrade I'll just switch to Teksavvy, get unlimited for about $40 cheaper than Rogers and support a company that's trying to give people options at the same time.

Try to remember that Rogers and Bell will always try to find ways to nickel and dime you.

cpsycho
join:2008-06-03
Treadeu Land

cpsycho to technocar2

to technocar2
said by technocar2:

Indies might have cheaper prices but they are not even remotely close to as reliable as rogers at the moment!

That was a good laugh, nearly spit out my coffee. Reliability means present, future and the past. The only reliable aspect of an incumbent is the ability to screw you over.

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

And why is the indie supposedly not as reliable as Rogers? Because Rogers disconnects the indie's customers, provides no route for indie customers after node splits, provides bad routing after node splits, disables DHCP allocations after node splits and other activities to change IP addresses. Because Rogers was as slow as molasses in January at installing POI link capacity upgrades when ordered.

Basically, most of an indie's "unreliability" is due to Rogers.
technocar2
Brampton, ON

technocar2

said by sbrook:

And why is the indie supposedly not as reliable as Rogers? Because Rogers disconnects the indie's customers, provides no route for indie customers after node splits, provides bad routing after node splits, disables DHCP allocations after node splits and other activities to change IP addresses. Because Rogers was as slow as molasses in January at installing POI link capacity upgrades when ordered.

I agree with you 100% there but where are the Indies in all this, do they not have the balls to take legal action against rogers for this, seems indies just sit on their a$$ while rogers screws them over.

Comes a point where one has to decide is it worth sticking with the indies or go back to the big boys, I tried Teksavvy for 1 year and switched back after one year, call it what you will, rogers is just more reliable at the moment. Nothing you say will change that.

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26

Premium Member

said by technocar2:

said by sbrook:

I agree with you 100% there but where are the Indies in all this, do they not have the balls to take legal action against rogers for this, seems indies just sit on their a$$ while rogers screws them over.

You can't really take legal action against a Government regulated service. They could ask the CRTC to mandate SLA and related agreements but I'm fairly sure Rogers would then use that as an excuse to raise rates even further.
technocar2
Brampton, ON

technocar2

said by BACONATOR26:

You can't really take legal action against a Government regulated service.

What are we...a third world country?? That seems absurd! How can you know that without even trying?
Anyways, I'm asking for legal action against rogers for blunt unfair treatment of TPIA customers! You're telling me CNOC can't sue rogers?

Regardless, no one is even asking for a SLA, all they should go after is equal priority and treatment on all issues, be it node split, DHCP allocation etc and penalization for failing to meet a deadline such POI link upgrades. Right now TPIA relies on the mercy of rogers and that's where the problem lies and rogers takes full advantage of it.

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26

Premium Member

The agreement would be on-tariff which would be Government regulated so yes, it's Federal jurisdiction.

Rogers can do it to their own customers as well..
Viper359
Premium Member
join:2006-09-17
Scarborough, ON

Viper359 to technocar2

Premium Member

to technocar2
said by technocar2:

said by Xstar_Lumini:

You are a sucker, this is a sucker's deal....

How...????

whilst on rogers I can stream easily over 100mbps on youtube during peak time

Umm, how many Youtube videos are you streaming at once? Because I know of NO youtube video that streams at 100Mbps. That would be over 3 times that average blu ray rip bandwidth requirement. Which, on most rips is below 25Mbps, with peaks into the 35-40 Mbps. The average is what, under 4 Mbps for HD youtube videos. So I figure, for you to stream easily over 100 Mbps, you would have to be watching over 25 streams at once, at 5Mbps each.