spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

kovy

join:2009-03-26
kudos:8

Sagemcom defective bridge mode and port forwarding...

Are you guys getting the same issue here ?

I can't port forward since the last update... and I only get half the speed when I try to bridge this modem.

Firmware Version: FAST2864_v6740S
Rescue Version: FAST2864_v7740S

BigWater

join:2002-11-20
Sherbrooke, QC

Without making any changes to the sagemcom original Bell setup I've setup my router to initiate it's own pppoe session and it's working flawlessly. I am on FTTN with the same firmware version

kovy

said by BigWater:

Without making any changes to the sagemcom original Bell setup I've setup my router to initiate it's own pppoe session and it's working flawlessly. I am on FTTN with the same firmware version

So you're getting fulll speed ?

BigWater

Sherbrooke, QC
reply to kovy

Yes. See below

kovy

said by BigWater:

Yes. See below

[att=1]

I don't understand... I've even factory default this modem a few times. Are you sure you're not just doing a DHCP setup ? Is port forwarding working for you ?

Frank_IT
Premium
join:2003-11-01
Montreal
reply to kovy

it seem that some people are able to have it work., other not.. weird..

BigWater

Sherbrooke, QC
reply to kovy

said by kovy:

I don't understand... I've even factory default this modem a few times. Are you sure you're not just doing a DHCP setup ? Is port forwarding working for you ?

I confirm my own router (Cisco) has is own public IP via its pppoe sessions.

I haven't tried port forwarding on the sagemcom.

My Cisco router is connected on LAN port 4 on the sagemcom, don't know if it makes a difference.

gabe

join:2009-11-30
Whitby, ON

1 edit
reply to kovy

I just got the 50/10 installed today and i've figured it was my router. If i'm plugged into the modem, i'm getting the full 50/10, when my router is put between the pc and modem, i get 30/10. So i'm not sure if i'm in the same situation as you. I have the same fw version on my modem.

Port forwarding is working for me, so it feels much more like a co-incidence rather than the same issue.

Edit: Ok seems we may be onto something, I tried another router, and the same result. As per the other user in this thread, mine too was working fine for 25/10 but soon as i've bumped up to 50/10, i'm not getting close to 50.

Kovy are you on a plan faster than 25/10 like I am ?

kovy

1 edit
reply to kovy

Yes I am on a faster plan FibeTV+50mb internet.

When using the router via DHCP I got full speed... but can't portforward. When I do the PPPOE session in the router get around 30-35 mbps but I can port forward.

I tried every port on the sagemcom...

Here's a test with PPPOE session in the sagemcom and another in the router.

Here's a test with Sagemcom has no PPPOE session, but router has one.

Very weird....

gabe

Whitby, ON

3 edits

haha we thought alike.

I put dhcp on the modem, and set DMZ to the IP of my router, and my speeds came back to normal. Will have to do for now i guess, but yeah, real weird.

kovy

said by gabe:

haha we thought alike.

I put dhcp on the modem, and set DMZ to the IP of my router, and my speeds came back to normal. Will have to do for now i guess, but yeah, real weird.

[att=1]

And you can portforward ?

gabe

Whitby, ON

surprisingly enough yeah i can. I actually have another device plugged into the modem, with it's own PPPOE login settings (my work VPN device and VOIP phone) and it's working properly as well.

But yeah, i can access my webserver and login via vnc/rdp to computers on my home LAN without issue (from my parents house). So dunno what i did, but it's working.

Seb851
Future Shop Staff

join:2010-07-12
Sainte-Marthe-Sur-Le-Lac, QC
reply to kovy

Tu a vérifier tes linestat ?

kovy

said by Seb851:

Biensure... mais la ligne n'est pas le probleme... c'est vraiment lorsque je met mon routeur en PPPOE (Asus RT-AC66U) que la vitesse semble dropper.

Et surtout que pour moi le Sagemcom ne veut plus faire de port forward, donc jai acheter le routeur de Asus.

Seb851
Future Shop Staff

join:2010-07-12
Sainte-Marthe-Sur-Le-Lac, QC

said by kovy:

said by Seb851:

Biensure... mais la ligne n'est pas le probleme... c'est vraiment lorsque je met mon routeur en PPPOE (Asus RT-AC66U) que la vitesse semble dropper.

Et surtout que pour moi le Sagemcom ne veut plus faire de port forward, donc jai acheter le routeur de Asus.

ok tu a essayé de negocier le pppoe a partir de widows ?

Frank_IT
Premium
join:2003-11-01
Montreal

Ca changera rien.. des quon a dla misere avec le pppoe derriere le sagemcom, ca va etre avec tout les device..

quanin

join:2008-03-02
Ottawa, ON
reply to kovy

Bell did some fun things with this modem in an update a bit ago. I can forward ports, but if I'm not testing from a remote location, or verifying the port's open with canyouseeme.org, I can't actually see that port. Meaning: connecting to the external IP on the appropriate port from behind this network doesn't work (hint: standards say it should). So it all depends on how you're testing, but Bell sort of halfway broke port forwarding.

kovy

1 edit

Which explains why I can't do my Team Speak server when using Bell Sagemcom... it was working before they upgraded this firmware.

quanin

join:2008-03-02
Ottawa, ON

Pretty much... yes. workaround for you would be connect to the internal IP asigned to your TS server. Other people connecting should have no problem with the external IP. Stupid, counterintuitive, and definitely not what they teach in networks 101, but it works. Thanks much, Bell.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to kovy

Yep sagemcom cant do more than 37-38mbps in pppoe passthru. I have also tested this...

I wonder if Bell is aware of this.

Sucky thing the old Cellpipe also can't do more than 42-43 in both routed or bridged mode either.
--
F**K THE NHL. Go Blue Jays 2013!!!

kovy

said by HiVolt:

Yep sagemcom cant do more than 37-38mbps in pppoe passthru. I have also tested this...

I wonder if Bell is aware of this.

Sucky thing the old Cellpipe also can't do more than 42-43 in both routed or bridged mode either.

Wow... even the Cellpipe... this is horrible.

sunnyd71

join:2004-05-22
l7z2t4

Same issue here. I also noticed before I upgraded to 50 that my 25 line would only get 23/8.5 with passthrough but 25/10 with DHCP. With the 50/10 plan I get 33/9 with passthrough.

Not being able to route internally is very annoying for me as my phone switched between cell network and home wifi and I used to use a single DDNS address to connect but now that address will not work on my own wifi.

kovy

reply to kovy

Well I'm using a Huawei HG610 VDSL2... getting full speed in bridge mode. So Sagemcom is really horrible...

yym7890

join:2007-10-01
Montreal, QC

can you use it on 25/10 plan in QC?

kovy

said by yym7890:

can you use it on 25/10 plan in QC?

Well it works on those 7330 slam, not sure on the stinger one.

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON

If its broadcom chipset it likely wont work on a stinger... those require an Ikanos based modem, either the cellpipe or sagemcom.
--

kovy

said by HiVolt:

If its broadcom chipset it likely wont work on a stinger... those require an Ikanos based modem, either the cellpipe or sagemcom.

eurfff... poor them.

urbang33k

join:2010-02-13
Canada
kudos:1
reply to HiVolt

said by HiVolt:

So what chipset does the sagemcom have in it? The sagemcom works on both lucent and alcatel vdsl slams. If your third party modem has teh same chipset as the sagemcom, wouldn't it stand to reason, that it would work on both of Bells slam vendors?
--
Opinions and ideas expressed in my post are my own and in no way represent those of Bell Canada Enterprises, Bell Canada, Bell TV, Bell Internet, Bell Mobility, Bell Technical Solutions, Expertech, or any other partners under the BCE umbrella.

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

Sagemcom has an Ikanos chipset in it. The exact name was mentioned on the forums by someone that took one apart. The Cellpipe also has a Ikanos chipset in it, however it's older and does not support ADSL/ADSL2, while the Sagemcom does have that fallback capability.

Believe there have been lots of searches by people to find a modem that would work on the Stingers... By my account, only one person found a very expensive, now discontinued modem. And that modem required a router that could set a VLAN ID on its own router, as that modem was a basic bridge.
--

BliZZardX
Premium
join:2002-08-18
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile

4 edits
reply to kovy

The only non-Bell supplied modem I know that works on Stingers is the ZyXEL P-870M-I1 v2. The modem itself supports upto 30a, but the Stinger line module is limited to 12a. It may still be possible to get one of these modems, but you need a serial interface and lot of patience to get it working. It's a straight-through ethernet bridge device and runs 50/10M at full speed: »speedtest.net/result/2515723493.png

Unfortunately this is about the best speed Bell can do with Stingers. Gigabit DSL is only theoretical. And besides Broadcom all xDSL vendors went bankrupt. It doesn't really make sense to upgrade to more disposable VDSL2 junk in a high density area when for around the same cost per customer you can do FTTH. The latest VDSL chips only go upto 200/100 with vectoring at 150 meters. And bonding is not practical because the ports are expensive, using two pairs cuts your DSLAM density in half! There is not much money in copper since GPON became standard. Just pray it comes soon.

said by urbang33k:

So what chipset does the sagemcom have in it? The sagemcom works on both lucent and alcatel vdsl slams. If your third party modem has teh same chipset as the sagemcom, wouldn't it stand to reason, that it would work on both of Bells slam vendors?

It's FXS60IF1 to be specific, paired with a IKF6850 CPU: »www.ikanos.com/wp-content/upload···v112.pdf. The Sagemcom chip does both ADSL2+ and VDSL2 up to 17a. The Zyxel chip does VDSL2 only up to 30a.