All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
kovy7
join:2009-03-26

kovy7 to Gone

to Gone

Re: Sagemcom defective bridge mode and port forwarding...

Well one thing for sure, this will never happen. This means Bell would open FTTH to everybody (wholesales)... heck even just the down time would be impossible. I'm pretty sure the way it's done in quebec city that they had to do a side by side network for not to have any impact for the customer.

But for the heck of it... I'm not sure if replacing a 7330 by a 7342 is even possible to start out with.

I don't think anybody here has the knowledge on both equipment of the hardware requirement around this question.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

All of the American FTTH rollouts have been built alongside copper and once you get switched over to fibre you're never allowed back onto the copper network. Once they reach a certain point of voluntary transition they then make it mandatory for everyone to switch to fibre and then retire the copper network. I suspect Bell's overlays would be done in an identical way.

From a purely hardware level it should be theoretically possible to replace the 7330. If you've already got fibre running to the OPI it's just a matter of splitting more fibre rather than switching to copper. Whether it is logistically possible is another matter entirely.
sunday8pm
join:2010-05-24

sunday8pm to kovy7

to kovy7
This works for me:

Let the Sagemcom do its own PPPoE business
Plug the router's WAN port in one LAN port of the Sagemcom
Set the Sagemcom to assign a specific IP to the router
Set the Sagemcom to have the router in the DMZ
Do all the NAT, routing, QoS etc on the router itself

Works perfectly for me, I am getting full speed and no NAT problems.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

You still have double NAT, which is far from ideal.
kovy7

kovy7 to sunday8pm

to sunday8pm
said by sunday8pm:

This works for me:

Let the Sagemcom do its own PPPoE business
Plug the router's WAN port in one LAN port of the Sagemcom
Set the Sagemcom to assign a specific IP to the router
Set the Sagemcom to have the router in the DMZ
Do all the NAT, routing, QoS etc on the router itself

Works perfectly for me, I am getting full speed and no NAT problems.

If it's in DMZ in the router, isn't the sagemcom doing the routing and all ?

Because for me it did... and couldn't portforward for my local PC when doing TeamSpeak server.

poona888
join:2002-08-08
Nepean, ON

poona888 to kovy7

to kovy7
Kovy,

I just bought the HG610 modem. Can you share how to setup on the bridge mode with some screen capture? Do you change the modem IP to different IP to avoid the conflict with the router IP?

Thanks in advance.
kovy7

kovy7

said by poona888:

Kovy,

I just bought the HG610 modem. Can you share how to setup on the bridge mode with some screen capture? Do you change the modem IP to different IP to avoid the conflict with the router IP?

Thanks in advance.

xsbell would probably be the best to answer you, he helped me...

bellieber
@bell.ca

bellieber to kovy7

Anon

to kovy7
Will Bell resolve this issue in the near future? Why wouldn't they warn us about that? I've subscribed and pay for the option of a static IP address, how can I use it?