spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Vorpil
join:2010-01-30
Wright City, MO

Vorpil

[MoP] Quick questions/advice?

Finally set down and lvl'd my mage to 90 and crammed a bunch of heroics down my throat. I'm at a gear level that I did the first two LFR instances and was lucky enough to pick up the shoulders in the first.

My first question is I see that I can queue for the same instance again, but that the bosses I defeated are red. Does this mean that I don't have the possibility of getting loot from them?

The second question is as a tailor/enchanter, what rep(s) would you guys recommend farming first? I've been trying to hit Klaxx, the Tillers, and Operation (Ican'tremember the name now.) I don't have enough time during the week to run all the dailies for every faction, so concentrating on a few would be of some help.

Braincramp2
join:2011-05-16
Beaverton, OR

Braincramp2

You can only get gear from them once a week unless you have the tokens for the bonus roll. Then you would have a chance for gold or gear if you did them a second time.

For enchanting you need Shado Pan and August Celestial to revered. Which means you need to get Golden Lotus to Revered before you can start on those two factions. I do not remembetr what faction has the Tailor recipes off the top of my head and am at work so I am websensed.

Hope that helps you on your journey and Grats on hitting 90.
Vorpil
Wright City, MO

Vorpil

Thanks Brain. Websensed at work as well. I'm thinking I missed a quest chain somewhere, since the golden lotus dailies are not currently available to me. I'll have to look it up when I get home.

Braincramp2
join:2011-05-16
Beaverton, OR

Braincramp2

You have to do the quest chain that takes you to the temple of the white tiger. It is in Kun Lai summit and you have to go all the way through it and it opens the gate to the vale and once done you will be able to do the GL dailies

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to Braincramp2

Premium Member

to Braincramp2
Golden Lotus will provide you with patterns for Epic (i476) chest and gloves at Honored.
Vorpil
Wright City, MO

Vorpil

Excellent....That should get me to 470 Ilvl then for the next set of LFR instances. I think I'm currently at 468.

I looked on wowhead and didn't see a specific, start quest C at X,Y...there's just a bunch of crap under the golden lotus heading. Hopefully tonight after work some guildies will still be on and able to tell me where to find the start of the quest chain at. Just hoping that I didn't start the chain and then stop somewhere in the middle while leveling, not knowing that it was an important series.
Cptbeatstix
join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX

Cptbeatstix

It's 480 bud. Sucks donkey balls.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to Vorpil

Premium Member

to Vorpil
The rep quests all start "downstairs" of you capital city. There is a representative for each faction that will give you a breadcrumb quest to discover the quest hub(s). For Golden Lotus, the hub is always in a pagoda between the big statues (once you've done the intro quest line and are properly phased).

Skittles
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31

Skittles to Cptbeatstix

Premium Member

to Cptbeatstix
said by Cptbeatstix:

It's 480 bud. Sucks donkey balls.

I think he is refering to HoP and ToES, which are 470. If you are 468, throw some money at the AH and grab a couple of BOEs that will let you hit cap and start the 470s.
liquoranne
join:2009-01-14

liquoranne

Or farm the PvP trinkets from the Faction dudes in Karasan Wilds...Each trink is ilvl 483....tis what i did. Got both trinkets in a few hours...Plus some decent honor and brawlers invitation

Kilroy
MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy to Vorpil

MVM

to Vorpil
Golden Lotus rep grind blows chunks. The person who thought 120 rep per daily quest should be taken into the street then drawn and quartered. I'm going the same on my warlock who is my enchanter/tailor and the reward for the time investment is terrible. I spend over a half hour a day grinding the Golden Lotus rep and due to the low rep gain per quest I'm just past honored.
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar

said by Kilroy:

Golden Lotus rep grind blows chunks. The person who thought 120 rep per daily quest should be taken into the street then drawn and quartered. I'm going the same on my warlock who is my enchanter/tailor and the reward for the time investment is terrible. I spend over a half hour a day grinding the Golden Lotus rep and due to the low rep gain per quest I'm just past honored.

Only other option is to:

Grind mobs on the Vale area, they have a small chance to drop a key that you can use on the temple on the NW on the chest they have on use items to increase GL rep... (well grinding mobs also gets you dark prince rep to Honored and much smaller chance for skyshards)

Kilroy
MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy

MVM

said by djlar:

Only other option is to:

Grind mobs on the Vale area, they have a small chance to drop a key that you can use on the temple on the NW on the chest they have on use items to increase GL rep... (well grinding mobs also gets you dark prince rep to Honored and much smaller chance for skyshards)

So that's what the keys are for. I have a few of them.
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar

Those chests spawn on several temple locations, one of them even just behind the big arse spider

Skittles
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31

Skittles to Kilroy

Premium Member

to Kilroy
I wouldnt count on keys providing much rep, I just finished exalted with GL on my DK and from day 1 til exalted I got 4 keys.

Keys will give you either a blue token for ~ 300 rep and the rare purple token will grant you ~ 1000 rep. The only thing that really speeds up rep grinds is the token you can buy from the quartermaster at revered.

Mordred
join:2013-01-02

Mordred to Vorpil

to Vorpil
I can not wait to get rep queing for the LFD.