spc
uniqs

obeythelaw
Premium Member
join:2003-04-16
Warren, NJ

obeythelaw

Premium Member

Re: [iO] optimum refuses to open new account?

Ok. Just want to provide an update. I think cablevision didn't provide the best package to my sister. My sister called and they quoted a monthly price of $125.00. This supposedly includes a "free DVR" and two additional tv's. The guy came yesterday and installed and he put the ugly 8300 HD DVR. just curious whether this sounds like a triple play deal? My sister doesn't have a clue what she agreed to. I realize there is no contract and she can remove things she doesn't want but I'm guessing that it could be the tv package?

jaa
Premium Member
join:2000-06-13

jaa

Premium Member

Pretty hard for us to know what your sister has. She talked to them and does not know what she agreed to, you talked to her and don't know what she has, and now you are posting here and think we can figure it out?

If she calls CV they can tell her the exact breakdown of the monthly price. Could be TV package, extra TV boxes, boost plus, extra phone line or calling packages...they are pretty aggressive in upselling.

obeythelaw
Premium Member
join:2003-04-16
Warren, NJ

obeythelaw

Premium Member

I realize that. I was just curious since I've seen the $85 a month triple play package. I'm assuming that was probably for just 1 tv. However, how much is each additional box. $7 each? If so, I can see another $15 on top of it. I know cablevision doesn't have all of the wacky fees and taxes that verizon has, for example. My sister and I are going to go to the cablevision store and see if they can tell us exactly.
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt

My guess is she either has the Silver package (tune in to Showtime and see if it brings up a channel or "not authorized/upgrade" message) or Boost Plus (run a speedtest at speedtest.net and see if she is under 20 down & 2 up). If she has & doesn't want one of those, she can easily downgrade that.
NightOwl2
join:2012-03-19

NightOwl2 to obeythelaw

to obeythelaw
You can read the fine print for new cablevision/opt triple play online. No boxes are included. Say $10 each box, that adds $30.00. Taxes and fees. The offer might include free Showtime.

Definitely a good idea to write down details when signing up for any service!
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4 to obeythelaw

to obeythelaw
The installer gave her a sheet to sign and left her a copy. What does it say?

Jmartz0
join:2000-07-20
Tenafly, NJ

Jmartz0 to obeythelaw

to obeythelaw
said by obeythelaw:

I know cablevision doesn't have all of the wacky fees and taxes that verizon has, for example.

Actually they do. You pay either $1.50 or $5.00 a month if you have more than one box and have a premium channel.

And starting in April you will be paying $3/month if you have a package that includes sports channels.

Not sure if that new fee will apply to customers who are on promotions but we will find out in April!