uniqs

obeythelaw
Premium Member
join:2003-04-16
Warren, NJ

obeythelaw to jaa

Premium Member

to jaa

Re: [iO] optimum refuses to open new account?

I realize that. I was just curious since I've seen the $85 a month triple play package. I'm assuming that was probably for just 1 tv. However, how much is each additional box. $7 each? If so, I can see another $15 on top of it. I know cablevision doesn't have all of the wacky fees and taxes that verizon has, for example. My sister and I are going to go to the cablevision store and see if they can tell us exactly.
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt

My guess is she either has the Silver package (tune in to Showtime and see if it brings up a channel or "not authorized/upgrade" message) or Boost Plus (run a speedtest at speedtest.net and see if she is under 20 down & 2 up). If she has & doesn't want one of those, she can easily downgrade that.
NightOwl2
join:2012-03-19

NightOwl2 to obeythelaw

to obeythelaw
You can read the fine print for new cablevision/opt triple play online. No boxes are included. Say $10 each box, that adds $30.00. Taxes and fees. The offer might include free Showtime.

Definitely a good idea to write down details when signing up for any service!

Jmartz0
join:2000-07-20
Tenafly, NJ

Jmartz0 to obeythelaw

to obeythelaw
said by obeythelaw:

I know cablevision doesn't have all of the wacky fees and taxes that verizon has, for example.

Actually they do. You pay either $1.50 or $5.00 a month if you have more than one box and have a premium channel.

And starting in April you will be paying $3/month if you have a package that includes sports channels.

Not sure if that new fee will apply to customers who are on promotions but we will find out in April!