Vancouver, BC
·TELUS
Actiontec T3200M
Arcadyan WE410443-TS
Sipura SPA-2102

MacGyver to UK_Dave

to UK_Dave

Re: Bell DSL

I read yesterday from jethro86 here »Re: How will my ping be affected moving from Bell to Teksavvy? that he has terrible pings, too. He lives near Morewood and is served by a relatively new remote. Maybe a clue to a potential solution or just letting you know you're not alone.
UK_Dave
join:2011-01-27
Powassan, ON

UK_Dave

Hi MacG

Thanks for the link.

I've had this for over 5 months in one guise or another.

I've just about had it.

MacGyver

join:2001-10-14
Vancouver, BC

MacGyver

I wonder if the remote is saturated or oversubscribed?
UK_Dave
Powassan, ON

UK_Dave

That's where I'm trying to get to.

My line stats are good, and my distance to the exchange is under 1/2 km as the crow flies.

TSI David had a good idea to tracert from some neighbours who are on Bell DSL, and I'm going to try my login on their line and see what happens.

I'm certain it's not TSI's network congestion - my pings are so high there would be a lot of other folks on here complaining if it were.

I just feel powerless and frustrated at not being able to call Bell and bollock them myself.
Willg1
join:2012-12-22
Sudbury, ON

Willg1

The issues in Powassan should be resolved early in March. About half the DSL customers in Powassan (no matter which ISP) connect to BAS5-SUD98 which has been congested for several months. A new card should have been installed in the Powassan CO this week; Expertech should be replacing the breakout fibres by the end of the month and once that is the completed the Bell IP enablement team will be separating the traffic over the new fibres.
UK_Dave
Powassan, ON

UK_Dave

Wow. I won't get into asking how you know - but thank you for the information.

It's enough hope'ium to keep me at TSI and just wait it out.

Thanks again.
Dave

Jethro86
join:2005-05-27
Winchester, ON

Jethro86 to Willg1

to Willg1
Any hope for me in Morewood who is fed off of a remote from Chesterville?
Had another horrible night last night (Sunday 5:30pm).
»speedtest.net/result/253 ··· 1813.png
»speedtest.net/result/253 ··· 7699.png