spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

njweb

@optonline.net

Netflix - 50 Mbps OOL, 1080P TV - Not getting Super HD?

I have the OOL Boost Plus plan (50Mbps advertised, getting 58 Mbps)
1080P TV
When I go to netflix.com, it detects that my ISP is part of the Netflix OpenConnect network.

However, on all three of the following devices (which should all be compatible based on Netflix's page) I am not seeing any titles listed as 'Super HD'.

Windows 8 laptop with the Netflix app
Panasonic BDT-210 with 1080P output capability
1080P Smart TV

Someone on a forum / web site comments page said he had 200 titles in his queue and about 80 were Super HD.

I googled a list of Super HD titles and could not find one.
Anyone had better luck getting Super HD to work???

dm145

join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ

Where does it show open connect network?

Skoodge

@mycingular.net
reply to njweb

I have Optimum Regular tier and I'm using a Boxee TV to watch super HD. Allot of the titles I pick say super HD. Recently I have been watching the T.V. Show Dollhouse in Super HD. You must have a problem connecting. I didn't need to do anything special, it just worked automatically.

psilocybin

join:2007-07-19
Monroe, NY
reply to njweb

Inside the page for an individual title it'll show a SuperHD logo, Dr. Seuss's The Lorax is one of the movies that show it. It should work for you, I'm unsure if it'll show the "SuperHD" logo while playing.

psilocybin

join:2007-07-19
Monroe, NY
reply to dm145

said by dm145:

»signup.netflix.com/superhd

webnj

@optonline.net
reply to dm145

said by dm145:

On the Netlfix Super HD page:
»signup.netflix.com/superhd

Well, after spending even more time researching, there is conflicting info on whether the Panasonic BDT210 (BD player with Netflix support) supports 1080P with Netflix.
I found an avsforum thread with lots of info. At least 2 users are saying the BDT210 does not support 1080P for Netflix (however, the BDT220 e.g. does).
Ironically, the Netflix support page lists the BDT210 as 1080P compatible.
My 1080P 120Hz Smart TV also does not support 1080P Netflix

»support.netflix.com/en#gsc.tab=0
Type "netflix support on your ______" as the search term
(enter brand name where the ___ is)
Then click on the link that appears to see the list of devices from that manufacturer. It will show which devices support 1080P from a Netflix perspective.

NYDude25

join:2007-08-23
Massapequa, NY
reply to njweb

The logo is showing up for me on movies whether I am using my Tivo or my PS3 to view Netflix, so its probably some kind of device problem you are having.

Did the logo show up for you when you used your Windows 8 laptop?

NJWEB

@optonline.net

said by NYDude25:

The logo is showing up for me on movies whether I am using my Tivo or my PS3 to view Netflix, so its probably some kind of device problem you are having.

Did the logo show up for you when you used your Windows 8 laptop?

Yes, the PS3 is compatible.
For some reason the logo did not show up on my laptop (might be a setting / limitation).

It is a Netflux limitation with my tested devices (as posted above) - BDT210 BD player and Smart TV from another mfr.
After researching it, many BD players (mine included) do not support 1080P output when it comes to Netlfix, even though they obviously support 1080P for Blu-Ray discs.

I ended up ordering three manufacturer refurbished (same warranty as new units) Roku 2 XS's last night.
I wanted the ethernet port, otherwise I would have gotten the XD.
I was originally going to get three mfr refurb Panasonic BDT220 units (same price as Roku). However, since my 3 BDT210's work fine (other than not outputting 1080P from Netflix which is their limitation), I decided on the Roku 2 XS - Roku has a ton of channels, with a number of them providing interesting content that I otherwise would not get.

djrobx
Premium
join:2000-05-31
Valencia, CA
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VOIPO
reply to njweb

I see the SuperHD logo on my Samsung SmartTV on a whole bunch of titles, but my ISP is not OpenConnect ready.

When I try through the Playstation, despite the user interface looking very similar, I do not see the same SuperHD logos.

--
AT&T U-Hearse - RIP Unlimited Internet 1995-2011
Rethink Billable.

magaman

join:2013-02-10
Shoreham, NY

I wish they would update the Xbox already. I doubt my Blu-Ray will be updated as is the UI is the older UI. I have used SuperHD and 3D on my PS3 and I've been very very surprised by the quality.