join:2001-11-23
Bucyrus, OH

pvtpilot94

Premium Member

HT1000 Anyone seeing this

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
i have been posting on the community forum and have been trying to get an answer on this from hughes, but no success.
Does anyone notice high usage on the downlink when I disconnect the LAN overnight
Here are a few screen shots.

They keep referencing that I may have a virus, wireless problem, on and on, But the LAN is disconnected.
Somehow, something is being downlinked with nothing connected to the modem,

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV

diablo18926

Click for full size
Been getting this since installation day, someday's downlink will put out green check marks and after say a couple of them, it will start throwing out something else like RTT red X's and something else along with that.. Sometimes even the uplink will show red X's and the downlink won't show a single X so I have absolutely no clue on whats going on.

All I do know is its been great weather (even right now) satellite is in good shape, transponder appears fine, plastic peace is'nt cracked, signal is up to 120 off and on, web accelerator barely goes down, connection sometimes drops out, maybe once a month.

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief
join:2001-07-05
Dawson Springs, KY

grohgreg to pvtpilot94

to pvtpilot94
Appears that modem/router connectivity has been reduced for some reason. Might be a DHCP thing. Nothing you can do about the modem, it's a fixed address. But it might be conflicting with an address (range) you have loaded into your router.

//greg//
grohgreg

grohgreg to diablo18926

to diablo18926
Mine looked like that too, every single Downlink red X associated with fragmentation errors. Quite a few other red Xs as well, but none as consistent as the Downlink. I had a 15/2 plan, but never saw anything higher than 10/1. I associate fragmentation errors with retransmissions, which in turn reduces throughput speed. After two weeks of uninterrupted red Xs, I sent back the modem and TRIA. Also faxed them a letter from the installer confirming that the issue existed on installation day. I eventually got a refund for the unused portion of the 1st months service, full hardware refund, full installation refund, $12 tax refund.

//greg//

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV

diablo18926

said by grohgreg:

Mine looked like that too, every single Downlink red X associated with fragmentation errors. Quite a few other red Xs as well, but none as consistent as the Downlink. I had a 15/2 plan, but never saw anything higher than 10/1. I associate fragmentation errors with retransmissions, which in turn reduces throughput speed. After two weeks of uninterrupted red Xs, I sent back the modem and TRIA. Also faxed them a letter from the installer confirming that the issue existed on installation day. I eventually got a refund for the unused portion of the 1st months service, full hardware refund, full installation refund, $12 tax refund.

//greg//

Here's What I do NOT get still.. CORROSIVE told me one day to try turning off web accelerator, few hours later and all red X's completely gone, nothing was wrong for about 4 hours later and it started spitting out RTT or LAN errors (or both) then i turn accelerator back on and whoa what ya know downlink red X's are back and RTT and LAN X's are gone

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief
join:2001-07-05
Dawson Springs, KY

3 edits

grohgreg

Well, LLRTT thresholds are 1500mm (yellow) and 2000ms (red). But I can't see why turning off WebAccel should affect conventional PING times. The protocols are different. WebAccel only accelerates HTTP, PINGs are typically ICMP. The answer might be that Hughes is using a HTTP-PING system.

That said, one of the LAN category parameters that can trigger a red X is "LAN Ping Status". Can only speculate, but maybe it's some kind of ICMP/HTTP conflict as well.

I can now also envision a possible relationship to the Downlink red Xs as well. Assuming yours were fragmentation errors like mine, it's possible that the HT1000 diagnostic software is not coping with the HTTP acceleration algorithm. As a result, the accelerated packets might be mistaken for fragmentation. In other words, a false positive. Just guessing mind you, but it seems possible to link all three categories to HTTP acceleration.

//greg//