spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Monkson

join:2008-12-20
Travelers Rest, SC

[HSI] Anyone in northern Greenville having internet issues?

Mine just started about 15 minutes ago. South Carolina that is.
Thanks

mworks

join:2006-06-13
Faison, NC

I am in NC and just noticed very slow throughput.
Pings are okay but anything trying to push a lot of data, like netflix, is only showing .3Mbps. Routing is also screwed up

todthebod

join:2004-01-10
Easley, SC
reply to Monkson

I usually get about 35m on speedtest, now I'm getting 1.6m.

Ryan818

join:2006-12-14
Medford, OR

Oh the dreaded node issue. Have fun with that in your neck of the woods. Charter has pretty much abandoned us here on the west coast. It has been going on for months. Take a look at all the slow speeds at night posts on this forum. It will enlighten you of what we have been going through. It will also open you eyes to just how much Charter sucks at fixing their problems. Time to abandon ship.

Here is what it looks like in Oregon. Pretty much always like this on my 30/4 plan after 6 PM

»speedtest.ookla.com/result/2029504207.png

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26

FWIW,
If you go WAY back in this forum, you will see that the west coast has ALWAYS been a sore spot for Charter ever since I created an account here 13 years ago, and I've mentioned that several times!!

One area that always amazed me about being another sore spot was right there in St. Louis, where their headquarters used to be, or some parts still are.
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

todthebod

join:2004-01-10
Easley, SC
reply to Monkson

Really it's been pretty good here in SC. I never really have a lot of speed issues. It dropped pretty low yesterday afternoon but was back normal for me at around 10pm. Now today it's doing it again. It started about 2pm and I'm only getting about 2.5m.

DJDeCiBeL

join:2008-09-28
Easley, SC
reply to Monkson

Here in Easley, I'm supposed to be getting 30 down and 4 up but have a look at this »speedtest.net/result/2551444676.png

51 down and I don't even really know why. They sent me a SB6121 a couple weeks ago because my SB5101 was too out of date (apparently), but that can't be all of it, I wouldn't think (especially since it tested at 30 down when I first installed the new modem).

A new tier or an upgrade to the Plus tier, maybe? I'm not paying any more than I did before...

In any case, no speed issues here.

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26

That 5101 is only DOCSIS 2, I believe, is why they said it was out date. If so, it's max throughput is barely 30Meg and you won't get it very often either.

Yep,
It is only DOCSIS 2:
Incorporating DOCSIS®/EuroDOCSIS 2.0 technology, the SB5101 Series allows your customer to surf the Internet at speeds as high as 30 Mbps.

»www.motorola.com/Video-Solutions···01_US-EN

@OP
When I first saw this topic yesterday, I thought maybe it was Greenville, MI. Didn't really notice that you even specified SC!
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/