Death From Above
Premium
join:2001-12-11
SOG C&C Nrth
Reviews:
·Comcast Formerl..

2 recommendations

Microsoft Joins Ranks of the Tragically Hacked

Microsoft said late on Friday that its computers had been hacked in a similar way to a series of cyberattacks recently affecting high-profile tech companies like Facebook and Apple.

The software giant indicated that it had been aware of the attack on employee computers for an unspecified period of time before going public in an official Microsoft Security Response Center blog post published Friday.

»www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,24···K0000992

this seems 2be spiraling out of control...........as we can now add the redmond giant 2the big list..........
--
101ST ABN Div. (AirAssault) "Rendezvous With Destiny!" "Night Stalkers/Phoenix Flight" For Buddy...who lived it! Whiskey for my men and beer for my horses! H.A.L.O!, 5th Grp., MACV SOG, 160TH AVN SOG, Death From Above, VFW, AmLegion

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

1 recommendation

Hmm. Maybe they were beginning to feel left out? Getting hacked seems to increasingly be a badge denoting organizations that "have arrived" in the world of movers and shakers... soft of like being invited to list on the NYSE. Wouldn't it be ironic if the portal into their system was a previously-disclosed, but as yet unpatched, vulnerability in IE?
--
“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.” A. de Tocqueville

Link Logger
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-29
Calgary, AB
reply to Phoenix22
I guess we're playing for keeps now. I guess the kidding around is pretty much over. I guess it's just a matter of pumping about five thousand gallons of water down there to teach you a little bit of a lesson. Is that it? I think it is!
--
Vendor: Author of Link Logger which is a traffic analysis and firewall logging tool

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
join:2000-08-06
Galt's Gulch

1 recommendation

reply to Blackbird
So since I haven't been hacked does that mean I'm a nobody not worthy of the attempt?
--
Don't feed trolls--it only makes them grow!

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium
Fort Wayne, IN
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
said by StuartMW:

So since I haven't been hacked does that mean I'm a nobody not worthy of the attempt?

Uhmm... well... those are your words, not mine. Don't feel too neglected, though... there's always those guys in the gray van with all the antennas parked out front just to help you feel better.
--
“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.” A. de Tocqueville

Link Logger
Premium,MVM
Calgary, AB

1 recommendation

reply to Phoenix22
I think we might have gotten a little to comfortable with security as we saw it as a conventional threat which we felt we were managing, however other countries had embraced it as means to extend dominance and control. It might be game on time so how far will this go?
--
Vendor: Author of Link Logger which is a traffic analysis and firewall logging tool

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
Galt's Gulch
reply to Blackbird
There's not space right now. About 18" of snow out there
--

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium
Fort Wayne, IN
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
reply to Link Logger
said by Link Logger:

I think we might have gotten a little to comfortable with security as we saw it as a conventional threat which we felt we were managing, however other countries had embraced it as means to extend dominance and control. It might be game on time so how far will this go?

In the far off olden days (before DARPAnet or the Internet), countries would have their on-site agents sift through trash bins, suck up every trade journal in sight, and covertly tap phone trunks to collect copious information about their adversary's military and industrial capabilities. Now they just sit in the comfort of their cubicles and hook right into the other side's computers to get all the data they used to get, and more. Ain't technology marvelous?
--

Link Logger
Premium,MVM
Calgary, AB
said by Blackbird:

In the far off olden days (before DARPAnet or the Internet), countries would have their on-site agents sift through trash bins, suck up every trade journal in sight, and covertly tap phone trunks to collect copious information about their adversary's military and industrial capabilities. Now they just sit in the comfort of their cubicles and hook right into the other side's computers to get all the data they used to get, and more. Ain't technology marvelous?

Welcome to evolving dependencies, it used to be paper where we stored our information, hence dumpster diving etc, but its on a computer which is connected to every other computer it seems, but could this be the final step of information evolution, in which case we might actually want to do something to solve the problem besides moving to the next technology which might not be an option.
--

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
Galt's Gulch

1 recommendation

reply to Blackbird
said by Blackbird:

Ain't technology marvelous?

Yup and we can sit, in our pajamas, and comment about it
--

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA
kudos:24
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·Speakeasy
reply to Blackbird
said by Blackbird:

In short, NO, and yes, I am hollering. I remember the good old days before DARPAnet or the Internet, and personally, I would rather go back to those days. "(
--
JKK

Age is a very high price to pay for my maturity. If I can't stay young, I can at least stay immature!

»www.pbase.com/jaykaykay

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA
kudos:24
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·Speakeasy
reply to StuartMW
said by StuartMW:

said by Blackbird:

Pajamas? Hmmmmmmmmm.

Name Game
Premium
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI
kudos:7

1 recommendation

reply to StuartMW
said by StuartMW:

No..your jammies are a natural deterrent when your Security blanket is in the wash.

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
Galt's Gulch
reply to jaykaykay
said by jaykaykay:

Pajamas? Hmmmmmmmmm.

Well if you prefer I can say that I sit butt naked. Is that better?
--

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC
kudos:17
reply to Phoenix22
The Mac hack is still under investigation.

»blogs.technet.com/b/msrc/archive···cks.aspx

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC
kudos:17
reply to Phoenix22
And then there were four hack victims

goalieskates
Premium
join:2004-09-12
land of big
Well, if you're trying to up your cred as a hacker, there's nothing like owning the big 4.

Who's next I wonder?

EGeezer
zichrona livracha
Premium
join:2002-08-04
Midwest
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Callcentric
reply to StuartMW
said by StuartMW:

said by Blackbird:

Pajamas? What are pajamas??
--
Buckle Up. It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car.

Mike
Premium,Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Phoenix22
Blackhats work day and night to find exploits.

All software is garbage. You can't trust computerization.

The only thing you can trust is pen, paper, and a good safe.
--
"If something about the human body disgusts you, complain to the manufacturer" - Lenny Bruce
What this country needs is a good five dollar plasma weapon.

MaynardKrebs
Heave Steve, for the good of the country
Premium
join:2009-06-17
kudos:4
reply to StuartMW
said by StuartMW:

said by jaykaykay:

Pajamas? Hmmmmmmmmm.

Turn your webcam on so we can see if you're telling the truth.

Curiosity

join:2001-10-01
Dawson Creek, BC
reply to Phoenix22
Microsoft has been hacked before, at least twice.

exocet_cm
Free at last, free at last
Premium
join:2003-03-23
New Orleans, LA
reply to StuartMW
said by StuartMW:

said by Blackbird:

Or on the toilet.
--
"All newspaper editorial writers ever do is come down from the hills after the battle is over and shoot the wounded." - Bruce Anderson
"I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

workablob

join:2004-06-09
Houston, TX
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to MaynardKrebs
said by MaynardKrebs:

said by StuartMW:

said by jaykaykay:

Pajamas? Hmmmmmmmmm.

Turn your webcam on so we can see if you're telling the truth.

Do NOT do this!
--
I may have been born yesterday. But it wasn't at night.

HELLFIRE
Premium
join:2009-11-25
kudos:18
reply to Phoenix22
Tragically Hacked....

And a band named the Tragically Hip...

Hm....

Regards