spc
Search similar:

uniqs
xaueious
join:2013-02-23
L4E

xaueious

Rogers Offering Competitive Pricing

I am a new Start.ca customer. They haven't come by to install yet, and my modem has not shipped. But I've been reading that Rogers has been offering 2 very competitive plans.

Rogers is offering free modem rental and also $5 cheaper for both, despite having lower bandwidth tiers. So that's $10 cheaper than Start on the equivalent speed tiers for much less bandwidth. With these plans, it doesn't make sense financially to switch to Start.

Any idea if Start will have a lower tier plan than the standard with a slightly lower cap to match Rogers pricing? My household does not need as much bandwidth as the Start.ca plans.

So for me on standard cable, I'm going to be paying $10 more a month, plus $50 installation for the same service but 70GB more bandwidth

Here are their plans:
quote:
Price: 35/month + Tax
Wireless Modem Included.
80 GB Usage.
Download Speed: 25mb/s
Upload Speed: 2mb/s

No Contract
Activation fee: 14.95
Installation Fee: None.
and
quote:
$45.00 Rogers Extreme Internet (35 Mpbs/3 Mbps)
Free extreme modem
200 GB a month
$14.95 activation charge
$49.95 installation fee
Sources
»forums.redflagdeals.com/ ··· 1304295/
»forums.redflagdeals.com/ ··· 1290815/

DrugTito
join:2013-01-17
canada

DrugTito

Thats what this all is about, CRTC etc.

Tons of ppl will leave ISPs like Start, Teksavvy, EBOX, etc.

Of course that there are ppl in this forum and other forums saying that they will stick to current ISPs, but, this is only a small percentage of the ppl using Cable\DSL,so, we matter to, but...

Thing is that everybody love their hard earned money.

Why spend more if you don't have to?

So, for now, lets wait and see what Start will have to offer us \ or Teksavvy, or EBOX, etc.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium Member
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON

dillyhammer

Premium Member

said by DrugTito:

Thats what this all is about, CRTC etc.

Yep. This is the "certainty" that the telecom industry's new talking head Jean-Pierre Blais spoke of.

Now independent ISPs can be certain that the oligopoly will grind them into the ground with predatory pricing.

It's the new look CRTC. The very epitome of regulatory capture and corruption.

Mike

DrugTito
canada

DrugTito

said by dillyhammer:

Now independent ISPs can be certain that the oligopoly will grind them into the ground with predatory pricing.

I would love to keep start as my internet provide, i am going to wait for Peter to announce new plans\pricing, and in case i can get better deal with other provider, either cable\dsl, i am gone.

I don't care any longer if its DSL or CABLE, anyway most of the days (At night) i am unable to hit full speeds, as Cable is not dedicated connection, so, i will be more then happy with anything 10+mbit for my use.
DrugTito

DrugTito

... just spent some time reading @Rogers forum, i see that there is already many people signing up and getting good deals.

:\

Topiatic
join:2011-02-20
Oakville, ON

Topiatic to xaueious

to xaueious
How often is it that Rogers puts their prices up a year and by how much on average?

I haven't checked the terms but I assume this is a 3 year contract deal, so by the end of that term you could be paying a bit more than the competition.

My bad, no contract which likely makes you even more susceptible to price hikes (yes I'm quite cynical when it comes to incumbents 'Great' deals).
Anzio
join:2008-11-22

Anzio to DrugTito

to DrugTito
said by DrugTito:

... just spent some time reading @Rogers forum, i see that there is already many people signing up and getting good deals.

:\

And watch them come back in a few months whining that it wasn't exactly as it seemed.

DrugTito
canada

DrugTito

Well, we are whining now to, for similar reason.
Anzio
join:2008-11-22

Anzio

Not all of us. Most of us are content in our provider now. I can't say I'd have the same feeling under Rogers roof.

DrugTito
canada

DrugTito

said by Anzio:

Not all of us. Most of us are content in our provider now. I can't say I'd have the same feeling under Rogers roof.

:)