Search similar:

uniqs
LanAdmin
join:2010-11-07
Montreal, QC

4 edits

LanAdmin

Quebec cable - no speed upgrade

With Acanac, you don't automatically receive the same upgrades as other Videotron IISP.

For example, most Videotron IISP are now advertising speeds of 10Mbps/1.5Mbps and 30Mbps/3Mbps.

Three months after other IISP upgraded their speeds Acanac still advertising 8Mbps/1Mbps and 30Mbps/2Mbps for their Quebec plans.

»www.acanac.ca/cable.html
-----------------------------------------
Answer from a ticket to Acanac:

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Acanac-Inc.

Please understand that while Videotron offers packages similar to ours, we do not carry the same packages. We currently use Videotron's infrastructure to provide service to our customers. However, there are certain agreements and arrangements made with the carrier that allow this to happen. Our current agreement with the carrier, Videotron, is the speeds you will see listed on our website. The information listed there is correct and is not a mistake. This is the service that Acanac-Inc, is able to offer to our subscribers. If in the future we are able to provide the speeds you have seen listed on Videotron's and other's websites, we will update the site accordingly. We do apologize for the confusion.

If you have further inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Acanac Inc.
»www.acanac.ca
1-866-281-3538

---------------------------------------------------
Just got another answer from Acanac support: When we are ready to advertise the higher speeds we will.
An explanation from Acanac:
said by Canaca:

You know very well we can rate limit the speeds if we choose to do so. We do not have to match the incumbents offerings.

With that said everyone should be aware that the upload side of things is the least of our concerns. We are lucky if we reach 20% capacity on the upload during peak hours.

I also never stated that clients will not be automatically be getting the higher upload speeds. They most likely will get them automatically.

A good thing:
said by Canaca:

said by LanAdmin:

If pay 683.40$ to get Quebec 30Mbps for the year to get the 56.95$ per month price then I decide to quit Acanac after 6 months, how much will you reimburse me? Will be any condition to get my money back?

You would be charged at the six month rate of $58.95 x 6 = $353.7

$683.40 - 353.70 = $329.7

You would be returned $329.7. Please beware that modem purchase and setup would not be refunded.

julienvf
join:2008-12-30
Verdun, QC
Cisco SPA112
TP-Link TD-W8960N
Technicolor DCM475

2 edits

julienvf

Sûrement un employé pas au courant de la situation qui t'a dit ça. Ce sont des TPIA, leurs clients sont automatiquement upgradés une fois que les clients de Vidéotron le sont. Techniquement, si Acanac voulait conserver une vitesse de 30/2, premièrement, leurs clients n'auraient pas été upgradés à 30/3 (moi inclu) et il faudrait qu'Acanac fasse une demande de nouveau tarif au CRTC pour créer une nouvelle catégorie avec nouveau prix, ce qui ne sera évidemment pas le cas ici.

Je viens de leur poser la question ici, tu peux suivre ça aussi vite que moi: »community.acanac.com/Aca ··· &t=24163

hm
@videotron.ca

hm to LanAdmin

Anon

to LanAdmin
Paul, of Acanac, is speaking about it here:
»What does the CBB ruling mean to you and me? starting at the bottom of page 7
LanAdmin
join:2010-11-07
Montreal, QC

LanAdmin to julienvf

to julienvf
Si c'est un de leur employé qui ne sait pas, ils ont un méchant problème de communication. J'ai ouvert un billet. J'ai insisté pour que le billet soit transféré à un superviseur et j'ai reçu 4 fois la même réponse: l'information sur le site Ananac est correct. Je t'envoi en PM les réponses.

Fergless
Premium Member
join:2008-04-19
Toronto, ON

Fergless to LanAdmin

Premium Member

to LanAdmin

Re: Quebec cable - speed upgrade

Hello everyone.

Staff are not always on the same page as Paul, he may very well make announcements on the forum before they are aware of it.

Tks
Fergless

3 edits

Fergless

Premium Member

@LanAdmin
said by "Acanac Inc (Paul)" :
Like I stated in previous post current clients already receive the increased speeds. Any client ordering today will also be getting the increased speeds by default. Once again clients are getting more than what is advertised on the web site today. I would assume this is a good thing

We have no special agreement to lower the speeds with Videotron. What you have is a tech support agent who is a bit out of date with the current tariffs however does not mean we made some special agreements.

When we are ready to do so the web site will be updated.

»What does the CBB ruling mean to you and me?

PS: The replies you got to your ticket were not from a supervisor, they were from support agents.