how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

swe3tdave

join:2008-02-01
Sainte-Catherine-De-Hatley, QC

Small town 25500 inhabitant is building open FTTH network

Apparently the city of Magog in Quebec as mandated a new nonprofit entity "Magog Technopole" to build an open FTTH network in the city. Giving 1Gbps to residents and 10Gbps to Businesses. The hope is that it will help to revitalise the city that in the past, lost about 4000 jobs in the Textile and Printing industries. The city, being close to Montreal and to the United States border is hoping to attract new companies in its new industrial center. Located close to an Hydroelectric Dam, its the perfect spot for companies that want to cool down their servers with fresh water from the Memphremagog Lake. More on Magog Technopole's web site: »www.magogtechnopole.com/home
--
David Giard

rednekcowboy

join:2012-03-21
kudos:1
Guess where my next move will be?

hm

@videotron.ca
reply to swe3tdave
Interesting.
The solicitation of interest seems to be open now. Then the second quarter will be for bids.

I can see only very few companies being able to bid (who have the experience to partner with them).

It's a few years away. It's only on paper now.

I can already see the lawsuits.

BGB
Wants moar interwebz
Premium
join:2009-07-09
Waterloo, ON
reply to swe3tdave
And queue robellus going to the crtc/harper to stop this in 3..2.1..

Last Parade

join:2002-10-07
Port Colborne, ON
said by BGB:

cue != queue

BGB
Wants moar interwebz
Premium
join:2009-07-09
Waterloo, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
said by Last Parade:

said by BGB:

cue != queue

Can I blame it on my PlayBook's autocorrct feature

have to

@videotron.ca
reply to BGB
said by BGB:

After 2-billion dollars invested in R&D, Deployment, and salaries, CNOC members will fight to resell it for 15$

HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet

join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON
kudos:5
said by have to :

said by BGB:

After 2-billion dollars invested in R&D, Deployment, and salaries, CNOC members will fight to resell it for 15$

If Bell wants to resell my GPON service, I'm willing to talk.
--
MNSi Internet - »www.mnsi.net

MaynardKrebs
Heave Steve, for the good of the country
Premium
join:2009-06-17
kudos:4
reply to swe3tdave
Oh Magog!!!
Google Fiber without the Google.

Maybe Toronto will see the 'light' some day and offer something similar here......oh.......shit.

morisato

join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
·ELECTRONICBOX
reply to have to
said by have to :

said by BGB:

Maybe so but profit is profit, after a set number of years it should open up i can see locking it for like 5 years after construction to give the building company time to earn back build out then allowing tpia access on it for a fair cost+15% markup P:)
--
Every time Someone leaves Sympatico an Angel gets its wings.

InvalidError

join:2008-02-03
kudos:5
said by morisato:

Maybe so but profit is profit, after a set number of years it should open up i can see locking it for like 5 years after construction to give the building company time to earn back build out then allowing tpia access on it for a fair cost+15% markup P:)

Recovering the build costs takes closer to 10-15 years since most income during the early years simply goes toward paying capital and operating costs... particularly when you have early-adopter promos for $50/month 50/50 service for as long as you stay.

Thanh

join:2001-09-25
Pierrefonds, QC
reply to swe3tdave
Chances of that really happening are close to 0.

It is cheap and easy to dream but hard and costly to actually design, build and operate a world-class network infrastructure.