MVM
join:2001-03-29
Calgary, AB

1 recommendation

Link Logger to Phoenix22

MVM

to Phoenix22

Re: Microsoft Joins Ranks of the Tragically Hacked

I think we might have gotten a little to comfortable with security as we saw it as a conventional threat which we felt we were managing, however other countries had embraced it as means to extend dominance and control. It might be game on time so how far will this go?

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium Member
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN

Blackbird

Premium Member

said by Link Logger:

I think we might have gotten a little to comfortable with security as we saw it as a conventional threat which we felt we were managing, however other countries had embraced it as means to extend dominance and control. It might be game on time so how far will this go?

In the far off olden days (before DARPAnet or the Internet), countries would have their on-site agents sift through trash bins, suck up every trade journal in sight, and covertly tap phone trunks to collect copious information about their adversary's military and industrial capabilities. Now they just sit in the comfort of their cubicles and hook right into the other side's computers to get all the data they used to get, and more. Ain't technology marvelous?

Link Logger
MVM
join:2001-03-29
Calgary, AB

Link Logger

MVM

said by Blackbird:

In the far off olden days (before DARPAnet or the Internet), countries would have their on-site agents sift through trash bins, suck up every trade journal in sight, and covertly tap phone trunks to collect copious information about their adversary's military and industrial capabilities. Now they just sit in the comfort of their cubicles and hook right into the other side's computers to get all the data they used to get, and more. Ain't technology marvelous?

Welcome to evolving dependencies, it used to be paper where we stored our information, hence dumpster diving etc, but its on a computer which is connected to every other computer it seems, but could this be the final step of information evolution, in which case we might actually want to do something to solve the problem besides moving to the next technology which might not be an option.

StuartMW
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06

1 recommendation

StuartMW to Blackbird

Premium Member

to Blackbird
said by Blackbird:

Ain't technology marvelous?

Yup and we can sit, in our pajamas, and comment about it

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA

jaykaykay to Blackbird

MVM

to Blackbird
said by Blackbird:

In short, NO, and yes, I am hollering. I remember the good old days before DARPAnet or the Internet, and personally, I would rather go back to those days. "(
jaykaykay

jaykaykay to StuartMW

MVM

to StuartMW
said by StuartMW:

said by Blackbird:

Pajamas? Hmmmmmmmmm.

StuartMW
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06

StuartMW

Premium Member

said by jaykaykay:

Pajamas? Hmmmmmmmmm.

Well if you prefer I can say that I sit butt naked. Is that better?

EGeezer
Premium Member
join:2002-08-04
Midwest

EGeezer to StuartMW

Premium Member

to StuartMW
said by StuartMW:

said by Blackbird:

Pajamas? What are pajamas??
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs to StuartMW

Premium Member

to StuartMW
said by StuartMW:

said by jaykaykay:

Pajamas? Hmmmmmmmmm.

Turn your webcam on so we can see if you're telling the truth.

exocet_cm
Writing
Premium Member
join:2003-03-23
Brooklyn, NY

exocet_cm to StuartMW

Premium Member

to StuartMW
said by StuartMW:

said by Blackbird:

Or on the toilet.

workablob
join:2004-06-09
Houston, TX

workablob to MaynardKrebs

to MaynardKrebs
said by MaynardKrebs:

said by StuartMW:

said by jaykaykay:

Pajamas? Hmmmmmmmmm.

Turn your webcam on so we can see if you're telling the truth.

Do NOT do this!