spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

youtubebroke

@bhn.net

[CFL] Awful video streaming performance

I have RR Turbo. Speed test shows 20Mbps, and download speed is pretty good though I seem to often get stuck at 1MB/s even though the connection is capable of 2MB/s. The big problem is video steaming. Youtube performance is quite bad, often unwatchable even at 360p. Changing browsers has not helped. Any assistance you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Keiro

join:2005-10-25
Bakersfield, CA
kudos:1

1 recommendation

said by youtubebroke :

I have RR Turbo. Speed test shows 20Mbps, and download speed is pretty good though I seem to often get stuck at 1MB/s even though the connection is capable of 2MB/s. The big problem is video steaming. Youtube performance is quite bad, often unwatchable even at 360p. Changing browsers has not helped. Any assistance you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

What did you have running besides the streams? If you have something like a torrent going on at the same time, that will have a direct impact on performance of your Internet.

What else have you tried besides changing browsers?

Here's the following info we need to know:

Modem and router, if applicable?
OS?
Browsers?
Applications running at time of streams?
Streams you were viewing?
--
Wanderer of the Stars...

Heimkoma Services and EidolonHost

GeNomer

join:2013-01-21
Indianapolis, IN
reply to youtubebroke

idk if this will help, but a dns flush might be worth a shot.

Guide_Tim

join:2012-02-28
Taft, CA
Reviews:
·Bright House

open command prompt run as Administrator and then type this command
ipconfig /flushdns
Also i would download and install ccleaner to clean up all the cache cookies history and temp junk files. Also you can disable all those browser toolbar addons that will just slow you down.
»www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner
--
Taft CA Bright House Customer Since 2003 Lightning 60/5 Motorola SB6141

wbrightfl7

join:2004-07-15
Orlando, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to youtubebroke

Thursday and Friday night around 8pm Netflix streaming was poor quality and even timed out a few times until around 9:30pm. I have Turbo 30/2, but doesn't seem to be that fast around those times. Netflix steaming works great during week days and weekends.

GeNomer

join:2013-01-21
Indianapolis, IN

is it only netflix that is slow, or other stuff too?

wbrightfl7

join:2004-07-15
Orlando, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House

said by GeNomer:

is it only netflix that is slow, or other stuff too?

I didn't have my computer on. I watch Netflix using my bluray player. The first night of issues I power cycled the modem, no help. Last night I I paused the movie for 10 minutes and the que built up a bit then it worked alright for a while then I had to pause again. It is working great today. Not sure if it's a BH issue during week nights or a Netflix issue.

wbrightf

@bhn.net
reply to GeNomer

I didn't have my computer on. I was watching Netflix on my blu-ray player. The first night I power cycled the modem but it didnt help. Last night I paused the movie for a few minutes and let the player que some of it and that helped. Working great today. Not sure if it's a BH issue week nights or a Netflix issue.

Keiro

join:2005-10-25
Bakersfield, CA
reply to youtubebroke

Have you tried power-cycling the player?

What model of the player is it?

neonhomer
KK4BFN
Premium
join:2004-01-27
Edgewater, FL

1 recommendation

reply to Keiro

said by Keiro:

Here's the following info we need to know:

Modem and router, if applicable?
OS?
Browsers?
Applications running at time of streams?
Streams you were viewing?

Don't forget hardwired or wireless? If I'm hardwired YouTube works most of the time. If I am wireless... forget it...
--
"F is for Fire that burns down the whole town...
U is for Uranium...... Bombs...
N is for NO SURVIVORS!!!!!" Sheldon Plankton

Keep Calm and Carry On