uniqs
share rss forum feed

compuguybna

join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN
reply to Swingerhead

Re: Virgin mobile down for weeks, no 3g

Is this affecting 3G on mobile phones

or 3G on mobile broadband devices? or BOTH?

dib22

join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO
said by compuguybna:

or 3G on mobile broadband devices?

I am not seeing this on broadband2go devices.

Jack_in_VA
Premium
join:2007-11-26
North, VA
kudos:1
reply to Swingerhead

Florida54

@rcn.com
reply to byjohnson
So Friday has come and gone...still no 3G data. I called support again, and their first-level person made me repeat all the stuff I'd already done (check settings, fiddle with MDN/MSID) before transferring me. This time, the "advanced" support guy seemed a lot less competent; he told me that there was nothing he could do, he hadn't been trained on the i-Care system, and he didn't have access to any tools to view my account. I have to admire his honesty, and I feel bad his employers hung him out to dry like that, but I'm also getting really fed up with Virgin Mobile's incompetence and clueless support people.

Some people on the AndroidCentral forum are reporting that letting the account run out of money and then waiting a day before renewing fixes the problem: »forums.androidcentral.com/virgin···-3g.html

At this rate, it's looking like I'll have to wait until the end of the month and hope that works for me too. Nobody at Virgin Mobile seems to have the slightest clue how to fix this.

Jim_in_VA

join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA
kudos:4
why are you even staying with this? Change your service.
--
... need help? »evdo-tips.com/

Jack_in_VA
Premium
North, VA
Reviews:
·Millenicom
reply to Florida54
said by Florida54 :

So Friday has come and gone...still no 3G data. I called support again, and their first-level person made me repeat all the stuff I'd already done (check settings, fiddle with MDN/MSID) before transferring me. This time, the "advanced" support guy seemed a lot less competent; he told me that there was nothing he could do, he hadn't been trained on the i-Care system, and he didn't have access to any tools to view my account. I have to admire his honesty, and I feel bad his employers hung him out to dry like that, but I'm also getting really fed up with Virgin Mobile's incompetence and clueless support people.

Some people on the AndroidCentral forum are reporting that letting the account run out of money and then waiting a day before renewing fixes the problem: »forums.androidcentral.com/virgin···-3g.html

At this rate, it's looking like I'll have to wait until the end of the month and hope that works for me too. Nobody at Virgin Mobile seems to have the slightest clue how to fix this.

»Virgin Mobile Broadband

dib22

Kansas City, MO
reply to Jim_in_VA
said by Jim_in_VA:

why are you even staying with this? Change your service.

We stay because we get unlimited EVDO for $40 with NO ACTIVATION FEES

Florida54

@rcn.com
$25/month in my case (I'm grandfathered in on the older plan)

I finally did get this sorted out. I talked to one of the first-level techs and (after going through their script again) requested that they escalate me to somebody who had been trained on the "i-Care" system. I was transferred to a very helpful agent. She checked my account and was immediately able to see that the transfer had gone through, but there was a problem with my data plan. She "restarted" my account (as though it were a new month after a payment) and my 3G data immediately began working correctly.

It took her all of about 5 minutes to identify the problem and correct it, so it's pretty absurd how many VM agents claimed that there was no problem and nothing they could do.

Anyway, I'm glad it's fixed and hopefully it will be a long time before I need to talk to their support team again.

Jack_in_VA
Premium
North, VA
Reviews:
·Millenicom
said by Florida54 :

$25/month in my case (I'm grandfathered in on the older plan)

I finally did get this sorted out. I talked to one of the first-level techs and (after going through their script again) requested that they escalate me to somebody who had been trained on the "i-Care" system. I was transferred to a very helpful agent. She checked my account and was immediately able to see that the transfer had gone through, but there was a problem with my data plan. She "restarted" my account (as though it were a new month after a payment) and my 3G data immediately began working correctly.

It took her all of about 5 minutes to identify the problem and correct it, so it's pretty absurd how many VM agents claimed that there was no problem and nothing they could do.

Anyway, I'm glad it's fixed and hopefully it will be a long time before I need to talk to their support team again.

»Virgin Mobile Broadband

javapop

join:2013-04-28
reply to Florida54
Just found this thread, it is the second place I've noticed reference to "i-care" system.

I started having no 3G about 4 weeks ago, all of a sudden, and when I called, was told again and again that there was an outage that would be back the following day, until about 2 weeks later, I was told about upgrading that was taking place with no set time for completion.

We have 3 Optimus sliders, all on GF plans. Our daughter is in Jackson MS with a 601 area code, and her phone is working fine. My son a new line, which has a 909 area code; and his 3g data works fine. We are accessing the same network under my roof, and his works, but mine doesn't. These are identical phones, running the same version of android. I can't even begin to explain how difficult it has been to explain this to every tech support or cust. support person. They can't seem to get it.

Here are my issues specifically:

Browser: Pages aren't loading. Actually, m.virginmobileusa.com loads, after giving me "security warning… there are problems with the security certificate for this site This certificate is not from a trusted authority" and then loads with no problems. No other website pads on 3g. They work fine on wifi.

Downloading apps: from PlayStore, when I try to download an app, it never downloads. Just stall. It works fine on wifi.

Voice to Text does not work. I use this with messaging, and with Navigate. Never locks in and transcribes the text. It works fine on wifi; but not at all on 3g. It has for a very long time, with no problems.

These all appear to be tied to the 3g data. Texting and voice calls are working fine. Gmail works for text only, it won't transfer images, and text messages with images will not go through.

I'e been seeing references to reprovisioning, I have not specifically asked about that, and will try. It has been tricky getting past tier 1 support, I have to go through the extensive process of explaining, and doing steps every time, the last call I was connected to tech support, and after going through troubleshooting, was told it would be escalated to headquarters, and I would be contacted within 48-72 hours. This was last Wednesday. Never heard from anyone.

Jack_in_VA
Premium
North, VA
»Virgin Mobile Broadband

Is where Virgin Mobil problems should be posted

Boost fan

@sbcglobal.net
reply to Swingerhead
Okay. So my boyfriend is having the same issues as all of you dealing with Virgin Mobile. He was told that, on April 8th, the 3G towers were down and then, when he called today, he was told the towers were never down in his area and the company, THROUGH PHONE, kept saying for him to ten different things at once to fix it to no avail.

My advice to you guys is to switch to Boost Mobile. Better customer service and a better phone selection for better prices.

Jack_in_VA
Premium
North, VA
Virgin Mobil should be discussed on this Virgin Mobil Thread.

»Virgin Mobile Broadband

dib22

Kansas City, MO
reply to Boost fan
Tell him to have them restart the plan (they should do it for free)... seems to be the only fix that is consistant.
Expand your moderator at work