All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
zobi123
join:2013-02-23

zobi123

Teksavvy or Start?

I just cancelled rogers and I was wondering which ISP to switch too?
Teksavvy or Start?
Scycotic
join:2012-12-10

Scycotic

Depends on your usage. Start currently has faster speeds per tier, but lower caps. So if you intend to use hundreds of gigs per month, then TekSavvy with its (for now) unlimited tiers would be better. However, TekSavvy will probably be switching to Aggregated POI (what Start runs on) by year end, meaning we'll have the faster speeds as well. Whether or not the bandwidth caps will change remains to be seen.

Some other slight differences, Start allows modem rentals as well as purchases, while TekSavvy doesn't allow rentals.

Start also waives the activation cost if transferring from Rogers. Meaning you need to have an active Rogers line and a termination date you can give Start.

Another aspect is bill payments. While both TekSavvy and Start permit Credit Card payments, TekSavvy also allows you to pay through your bank, which Start doesn't permit for now. So if you don't like giving out your Credit Card info, TekSavvy would be the better choice here.
graniterock
Premium Member
join:2003-03-14
London, ON

graniterock to zobi123

Premium Member

to zobi123
Both are good companies. Read through their site and pick the plan that best meets your needs taking into installation charges.

Note: Pricing may change with both companies in the next few weeks due to some regulation decisions. Be sure to ask if the plan you are signing up for reflects this or if they are still working things out.
zobi123
join:2013-02-23

zobi123

Is their any article which states how much the prices will go up?
Scycotic
join:2012-12-10

Scycotic

That hasn't been determined yet (or even if it will or not). All we know is how much the wholesale prices have changed, but whether or not TekSavvy/Start will pass this on or not is unknown.

Perma
join:2011-12-20

Perma to zobi123

to zobi123
If you need faster upload speeds, go with Start. If you need higher bandwidth usage, go with Teksavvy. I'll be sticking with Teksavvy because I see the higher bandwidth.

TSILiz
Premium Member
join:2012-08-20

TSILiz to zobi123

Premium Member

to zobi123
said by zobi123:

I just cancelled rogers and I was wondering which ISP to switch too?
Teksavvy or Start?

If you would like to know the packages that are available in your area feel free to send us a message in the direct forum »/forum ··· avdirect with your address.

Cheers!
Liz