spc
Search similar:

uniqs
vulture33
join:2013-02-23
Hawkesbury, ON

vulture33

HI anyone heard of this isp?

Hi I am looking into this rutexnet.com ,anyone heard of them or know if they are any good? Thks For residential at 6mbps.

KnittingPiks
@videotron.ca

KnittingPiks

Anon

Never heard of them.
Never saw that name mentioned in this forum.
You may also want to check out Teksavvy or Electronic Box.

If you are getting a dryloop, you may want to check out Electronic Box since they aren't charging this fee.

Nitra
join:2011-09-15
Montreal

Nitra to vulture33

to vulture33
It's just another name for Velcom, Google search their address.
vulture33
Hawkesbury, ON

vulture33

THks for reply, I have googled them I don't see what Rutexnet has to do with Velcom?
Velcom and Teksavvy have expensive prices I find, 43.95 for 6mpbps line,way too much.

picking nits
@videotron.ca

picking nits

Anon

said by vulture33:

1. THks for reply, I have googled them I don't see what Rutexnet has to do with Velcom?
2. Velcom and Teksavvy have expensive prices I find, 43.95 for 6mpbps line,way too much.

Rutexnet is the same building and suite as Velcom. They are one in the same.

Or to put it simply, Velcom is a teksavvy reseller and Rutexnet is likely a reseller of velcom.

Anyhow, Go for it.

Let us know how it turns out.
gnumantsc
join:2003-07-23

gnumantsc

I'd suggest going with ElectronicBox why chance a no name company?
vulture33
Hawkesbury, ON

vulture33

Hi I find Electronic Box expensive for unlimited service at 6 mbps, nothing against them.

Montreal DSL
join:2011-02-02
Montreal-DSL

Montreal DSL to vulture33

to vulture33
You find Teksavvy, Velcom and Electronic Box expensive ... LOL

nits pick
@videotron.ca

nits pick

Anon

said by Montreal DSL:

You find Teksavvy, Velcom and Electronic Box expensive ... LOL

Nothing to laugh at. Up to 6-meg crappy DSL isn't worth 43$.

It's over inflated.
vulture33
Hawkesbury, ON

vulture33

Exactly nits pick I agree, ,Montreal dsl what is the problem it is expensive simple...
ns1225
join:2010-12-30
Montreal, QC

ns1225 to vulture33

to vulture33
The reason unlimited is high is because it assumes you'll max out your connection during the peak periods everyday and using up expensive Bell links. Tek & Ebox do offer unlimited off-peak usage with all plans so you might want to consider that.
vulture33
Hawkesbury, ON

vulture33

Thks for reply but you still have to watch your total usage per month which might get even more expensive then 43$.

TypeS
join:2012-12-17
London, ON

TypeS to vulture33

to vulture33
Rutexnet mentions nothing about whether or not you will pay for dry loop, unless you already have home phone with Bell or Telus or whomever owns the copper wire in your area. Might want to find that out first before ruling them the cheapest. Velcom offers free dry loop according to their website.
vulture33
Hawkesbury, ON

vulture33

I have landline phone

nitting piks
@videotron.ca

nitting piks to vulture33

Anon

to vulture33
Anyhow, Vulture, wait another week. New prices are coming out due to the CRTC ruling. It should be lower than what you see now.

We should see Ebox, Teksavvy, Acanac, and Velcom lower prices starting this week into next. Keep an eye on the forum topics here.

TypeS, the dryloop fee is worked into Velcoms costs. Thus the reason why their reseller is lower. They just separate the costs and charge a dryloop fee as needed.
vulture33
Hawkesbury, ON

vulture33

Ok Thks nitting ,just that I need to have an isp by March 8 to be sure I can get activated on March 15th since that is my cancellation date of my current isp which has already been done.

pick nits
@videotron.ca

pick nits

Anon

Any of the ISP's here would work. All of them will, or should, drop their rates within a week or two.

Just make sure you do not take any contract, since that would likely lock you in to an over inflated price while everyone is dropping in price on the DSL side (or should).

I would hold off on rutexnet though. No clue when, or even if, they will lower costs. They are basically unknown but affiliated with Velcom. Stay month-to-month for sure.

Nothing lost in even calling velcom and asking them to match the rutexnet price since you don't need a dryloop. Or even discussing rutexnet with Velcom since they appear to be affiliated with them.

Your call at the end of the day...
vulture33
Hawkesbury, ON

vulture33

Thks makes sense I will hold off on all my decisions for a week, I was reading from my current isp that 6meg lines with the new ruling for them they will up the line to 10 if your neighborhood can take fttn.

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to vulture33

MVM

to vulture33
The price of the 6meg DSL services is not going to change. That service is not related to the recent CRTC stuff, and the tariffs for that (called "legacy GAS") are the same as before.

pitting nick
@videotron.ca

pitting nick

Anon

said by Guspaz:

The price of the 6meg DSL services is not going to change. That service is not related to the recent CRTC stuff, and the tariffs for that (called "legacy GAS") are the same as before.

Capacity (usage) costs dropped over 50% for dsl.

Costs should drop. Period. If it doesn't then ISP's are offloading some costs to the crappy "up to" slow-ass 6-meg service, which isn't right. It sucks enough as it is.

I don't see how "up to" legacy 6-meg can continue to be sold at 43$ when capacity rates dropped over 50%.

Or are you telling us here that capacity used is different between legacy DSL versus FTTN/VDSL/Fibe capacity in the CRTC's ruling for DSL?

nicking pits
@videotron.ca

nicking pits to vulture33

Anon

to vulture33
said by vulture33:

Thks makes sense I will hold off on all my decisions for a week, I was reading from my current isp that 6meg lines with the new ruling for them they will up the line to 10 if your neighborhood can take fttn.

*if* is the operative word.

Also, and I could be mistaken here, but don't think I am, I don't think they can just "up" the speed just like that. When going from legacy to the other tier this would require a tech visit with about a 95$ fee attached to it, plus it may require you to buy a new modem.

So I don't think it will happen just like that. But i'll let someone more knowledgeable on DSL to answer this or confirm this.

So right now, don't believe everything you are reading unless someone confirms all fee's are waived in writing.

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to pitting nick

MVM

to pitting nick
said by pitting nick :

said by Guspaz:

Costs should drop. Period. If it doesn't then ISP's are offloading some costs to the crappy "up to" slow-ass 6-meg service, which isn't right. It sucks enough as it is.

I don't see how "up to" legacy 6-meg can continue to be sold at 43$ when capacity rates dropped over 50%.

Or are you telling us here that capacity used is different between legacy DSL versus FTTN/VDSL/Fibe capacity in the CRTC's ruling for DSL?

The legacy GAS service (6 meg ADSL) is not subject to usage costs, so it should not see a price reduction due to lower CBB costs...

Why should a reduction in a cost that doesn't apply to the service cause a reduction in price of that service? Legacy GAS costs the same today that it did before CBB charges were implemented in the first place, so the price will most likely remain unchanged.

Canaca
Premium Member
join:2007-03-05
Mississauga, ON

4 edits

Canaca

Premium Member

said by Guspaz:

said by pitting nick :

said by Guspaz:

The legacy GAS service (6 meg ADSL) is not subject to usage costs, so it should not see a price reduction due to lower CBB costs...

Why should a reduction in a cost that doesn't apply to the service cause a reduction in price of that service? Legacy GAS costs the same today that it did before CBB charges were implemented in the first place, so the price will most likely remain unchanged.

The 6Mbps has always been subject to CBB. Maybe your confusing it with the business service. If not then we have been paying over $500K a month to Bell as a goodwill gesture.
levesque739
join:2008-05-13
Laval, QC

levesque739 to nicking pits

to nicking pits
Acanac announced that they will be doing upgrades to the speed of their DSL packages in the next few months. It was require a tech visit.

»community.acanac.com/aca ··· start=60

nipping piks
@videotron.ca

nipping piks to Canaca

Anon

to Canaca
said by Canaca:

Who said that the 6Mbps service was never subject to CBB? The 6Mbps has always been subject to CBB. Maybe your confusing it with the business service.

*phew*
glad you piped up.
I was going to subject myself to mental abuse by going though and pasting a couple of years worth of CRTC rulings and asking him what magic hat he pulled his comments out of.

It always was and has been subject to CBB.

You saved me from turning into a drooling zombie today. Bets are off for tomorrow though

Anyhow, rates have to drop. If they don't for certain ISP's then those certain ISP's are pulling one on the people who buy their services and the people will just move else-where.

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to Canaca

MVM

to Canaca
Ah, you're right:

»www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/archi ··· -703.htm

Paragraphs 64-72 cover this. The rates for the legacy access rate (per line) that they use in that decision are the flat-rate component from the UBB decision:

»www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/archi ··· -255.htm

In the appendix.
vulture33
Hawkesbury, ON

vulture33

So maybe a decrease on 6mbps line ...

pit nicks
@videotron.ca

pit nicks

Anon

said by vulture33:

So maybe a decrease on 6mbps line ...

The unlimited service cost as a whole (your monthly bill) will go down.
vulture33
Hawkesbury, ON

vulture33

Hi anyone heard of Zid internet any good ,other things to say Thks

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to vulture33

MVM

to vulture33
Last we looked at ZiD they were reselling Colba. No clue who they're reselling now.