how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

johan_hammy

join:2003-08-08
Dekalb, IL

[General] ITSP Platform

What platforms out there are appropriate for ITSP usage? The next step, what about running on VMWare? It is my own VMware cluster, so I have complete control over the resources. I know it can be done, but I think a lot of negative stigma has come from people running these things on other people's hardware - no control.

FreePBX and the like don't seem to be perfectly suited. Sure they'll work.

SipWise claims to be the cat's ass.

Just wondering what options are targeted to this market. I'm looking to start with a free\CE version, but wouldn't at all mind growing into a paid\supported system as cashflow allowed.

SCADAGeo

join:2012-11-08
N California
kudos:2
said by johan_hammy:

What platforms out there are appropriate for ITSP usage? The next step, what about running on VMWare? It is my own VMware cluster, so I have complete control over the resources.
---
FreePBX and the like don't seem to be perfectly suited. Sure they'll work.
---
I'm looking to start with a free\CE version

PBX in a Flash is available for VMWare, and it's free, so if you have not eliminated FreePBX as a GUI for Asterisk, you can quickly test it on your cluster by downloading the VMWare image.

Running PBX in a Flash as a Virtual Machine.

PBX in a Flash (IncrediblePBX 11.1) for VMWare image.

johan_hammy

Dekalb, IL
said by SCADAGeo:

PBX in a Flash is available for VMWare, and it's free, so if you have not eliminated FreePBX as a GUI for Asterisk, you can quickly test it on your cluster by downloading the VMWare image.

Running PBX in a Flash as a Virtual Machine.

PBX in a Flash (IncrediblePBX 11.1) for VMWare image.

It looks like PIAF seems to have come around on their avoidance of virtualization. When I last looked, they only supported Player, not ESXi.

PIAF is actually what I have, but being a PBX, it isn't completely suited for ITSP use. I could certainly see a place for it as a hosted PBX, though.

If anything, looking at PIAF again led me to rentpbx.com, where they have other systems mentioned.

mdseuss

join:2012-05-27
Worcester, MA
reply to johan_hammy

If I were to build an ITSP from the ground up, I'd start with Kamailio / OpenSIPS and go from there.

Add mediaproxies / STUN / TURN servers to fix broken consumer routers.

Then add Asterisk/FreeSWITCH/YATE for features.

nemo

@86.59.95.x
reply to johan_hammy
i installed the sipwise ce and was very suprised. it is designed for itsp and has every component needed to start vonage like services out of the box. the support they gave on the mailing list was quick and professional. i am considering to upgrade to the sipwise pro since i need prepaid billing, high availablity and the li interfaces. the integration with the jitsi client was out of the box too and works perfecty. tried tweeking many pbx solutions before but they seem to understand the difference between pbx and softswitch.

SCADAGeo

join:2012-11-08
N California

1 recommendation

reply to johan_hammy
said by johan_hammy:

PIAF is actually what I have, but being a PBX, it isn't completely suited for ITSP use. I could certainly see a place for it as a hosted PBX, though.

If anything, looking at PIAF again led me to rentpbx.com, where they have other systems mentioned.

Sorry about that, I misread your post and thought you were looking for use with an ITSP, not as an ITSP.

I wish you good luck on your endeavor.

johan_hammy

Dekalb, IL
reply to nemo
said by nemo :

i installed the sipwise ce and was very suprised. it is designed for itsp and has every component needed to start vonage like services out of the box. the support they gave on the mailing list was quick and professional. i am considering to upgrade to the sipwise pro since i need prepaid billing, high availablity and the li interfaces. the integration with the jitsi client was out of the box too and works perfecty. tried tweeking many pbx solutions before but they seem to understand the difference between pbx and softswitch.

Yeah, I am hesitant on the Pro side. It's more hardware to maintain and less reliable than VMware in Fault Tolerant mode. I'm not at that volume yet anyway, but I'd rather contribute whatever hardware cost I'd have towards my VMware cluster.

ropeguru
Premium
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA
reply to nemo
said by nemo :

Why does this smell of a slaes pitch?

OZO
Premium
join:2003-01-17
reply to johan_hammy
You may want to loot at FreeSWITCH.
--
Keep it simple, it'll become complex by itself...

nemo

@surfer.at
reply to johan_hammy
yes i am hesitating too. the ce does all i need so far and works for me on amazon cloud. i am also using homer with it - very nice project too.